Model Cars Magazine Forum

1992 Mustang LX 5.0

Maindrian Pace

Wow that looks amazing. All the effort was definitely worth it. Very nice. Cant wait to get my corrected bodies from greg. Got a question, how did you glue in the 1/4 windows without the black on the windows themselves getting smeared on the back by the glue?

Edited by Devilsnake98

Mike's Mustang IS fantastic! Superb.

It won the monthly contest at our club meeting last Saturday.

We had a neat theme: MasterCaster Resins. There were eight (8) examples of Greg's casting artistry on the table, built and finished by various club members, and Mike's walked away with the trophy!!

Thanks for the nice words, gentlemen. Making the master was as much fun for me as building the kit with the resin body. Everything just came together, and nothing fought me as is usually the case. I'm looking forward to building the next master, but I need to tune up the coupe master and get it to Greg so he can make a new mold. I'm on it.

Wow that looks amazing. All the effort was definitely worth it. Very nice. Cant wait to get my corrected bodies from greg. Got a question, how did you glue in the 1/4 windows without the black on the windows themselves getting smeared on the back by the glue?

Thanks Ryan. All the glass and light lenses are glued in with clear enamel paint, a tip from the aircraft builders who use it on canopies. Brush a little on the edges of the glass and the surrounding areas on the body, let it tack up for a couple of minutes, and lightly press the part into place. Then dab a little more into the corners with a fine brush to add extra adhesion. When dry, it's completely invisible. The enamel grabs well, doesn't smear paint, and doesn't fog like CA glue.

Mike's Mustang IS fantastic! Superb.

It won the monthly contest at our club meeting last Saturday.

We had a neat theme: MasterCaster Resins. There were eight (8) examples of Greg's casting artistry on the table, built and finished by various club members, and Mike's walked away with the trophy!!

Thanks Dan. It was a great meeting; food, friends, and model cars. What else do you need?

-Mike S.

WOW.... Mike you should be very proud of this build...I've been following this build from the start, the corrections you've made to this build are spot on... I'm building one over in the drag section as an outlaw stock suspension type build... and I hope it turns out half as good as this one... SUPER JOB !!!! :)

That is incredible build. Your body mods are something that most people probably can't see, but a person who maybe owns a real '92 Mustang does and everyone who knows how much work you put into this can appreciate it even more than if it was "just" a Super Nice BoxStock build. I had a lot of fun following your WIP thread and there I saw the first time that Revell's body is not correct when there was a modified one to compare with.

The end result looks super. Paint job is very smooth and so shiny and your detailing is spot on. Everything looks just perfect to me. Great work.

Are these already for sale? What would be the price? I might get one at some point when I pick the Revell kit...