Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GMC Syclone

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I decided to keep the Syclone in black but I used HOK black sparkle pearl to cover it. The grill was cut out and replaced with mesh. The original area for the taillights was filled and I moved the light to the rolled pan. I used Rustoleum Texture paint for the sprayed bedliner look. Other than those modifications, it's pretty much out of the box.

001.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Posted · Report post

great build, love the colour

Posted · Report post

Very cool build. Real nice touch on the bed paint and lights...

Posted · Report post

Great build ruined by kit fitment issues. It seems like every build I see, including mine, has issues getting the body cladding and the bed to sit properly. It doesn't help that fitting the cladding involves a bit of guessing. :rolleyes:

Paint color and finish is excellent, the taillights are an interesting touch, and the bedliner certainly adds to the realism!

Posted · Report post

Great build ruined by kit fitment issues. It seems like every build I see, including mine, has issues getting the body cladding and the bed to sit properly. It doesn't help that fitting the cladding involves a bit of guessing. :rolleyes:

You definitely have to mock up or dry fit the cab parts, bed, and chassis before installing the cladding permanently. Fortunately, Monogram designed he kit so the bed and cab will align even if it's just those two assemblies being fit together.

Looking at the tonneau cover, it looks like Jim's kit had some warpage issues not related to fitting the cladding, though.

Posted · Report post

Excellent work, Man....I really like the bed work....Looks very real...

Posted · Report post

You definitely have to mock up or dry fit the cab parts, bed, and chassis before installing the cladding permanently. Fortunately, Monogram designed he kit so the bed and cab will align even if it's just those two assemblies being fit together.

Looking at the tonneau cover, it looks like Jim's kit had some warpage issues not related to fitting the cladding, though.

True it probably is mostly the cladding that's the issue, though it also seems that many have issues getting the front grille/hood to sit properly as well.

Posted · Report post

Real NICE Jim!! :)

Posted · Report post

Nice despite the warpage issues.

Posted · Report post

Thank you all.

Posted · Report post

Clean work on the bed liner Jim....awesome tip BTW.

Posted · Report post

Thanks James. That texture paint is terrific stuff and comes in several colors at Wal-Mart.

Posted · Report post

Looks good Jim. I will have to remember that bed paint next time i do a pick up.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Ray. Texture paint is good stuff.