Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '49 Mercury Wagon

Austin T

I know this sounds a little wierd,but I dont rember startin this thread.I thought this was posted in the nnl toledo thread?

Some '49 Mercury Woodie-specific posts were moved when this topic was created, so the timestamp of each posts ranks them, even after they've been moved. Your post was the oldest, so it's now the first in this topic.

Does the current Revell '49 Mercury Custom kit include a totally stock chassis and suspension?

No, but it wouldn't be difficult to rework it to stock specs. Namely raise the suspension a couple of scale inches. The present exhaust system could be adapted into a stock version.

Re. that Cadillac engine - the only other game in town is the Mod Squad kit, which now commands prices that would have bought you a real Mercury woody not too long ago, but includes four rather daft looking figurines you can give your daughter for her dolls house.

So I see the Revell effort as a clear case of noli equi dentes inspicere donati. And low and behold, I just may find a bloody Flathead in my parts box, or just sod it and use the Caddy mill.

They could have included one or two surfboards though...

Would make an interesting phantom though, if you'd smooth it and paint it one colour as if it was all steel. Maybe make it a four door at the same time? With rear suicide doors a'la Lincoln...

Edited by Junkman