Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '49 Mercury Wagon

Austin T

..... I am unable to paste anything in this forum.

are you using Internet Explorer as a browser?

if so, go to the Tools pulldown/ select "compatibility views" / a box will open and you can "OK" the forum address. refresh your screen (f5 key) and it might allow you to clip & paste.

i ended up switching browsers to Google Chrome, and many of my internet glitches vanished. if an old fogey like me can change, so can you!

are you using Internet Explorer as a browser?

if so, go to the Tools pulldown/ select "compatibility views" / a box will open and you can "OK" the forum address. refresh your screen (f5 key) and it might allow you to clip & paste.

i ended up switching browsers to Google Chrome, and many of my internet glitches vanished. if an old fogey like me can change, so can you!

Cool. Yup, using IE. Thanks, Joe. I couldn't "Quote" before either.....

This what the guy from Revell said to us at the Toledo NNL when it was first out. That is a compliment if you ask me. He could have said get the flattie out of our f1 pickup.

I used the engine from the '50 Ford pickup for one simple reason--while it's the pickup engine having pickup truck exhaust piping and oil pan--it's simply light years better and more accurately done than the now 53-yr old AMT '49 Mercury tooling. Sure, it took more work--but the results were well worth the effort.

Art

I bought a AMT 49 Merc. kit cause I haven't found a woodie kit yet. Gee, that kit has some real modern accesories in it - a telephone, tape player, and tv set - wow!

Southpier - those fan belts in that picture of the resin V8 don't seem right do they? It needs to drive the generator, the fan, and two water pumps - I think the fan should be 4 bladed too.

Front belt goes around crank pulley, fan pulley and passenger water pump pulley. Rear belt goes around crank pulley, behind fan pulley,around generator pulley, and drivers side water pump pulley.

Edited by horsepower

Personally, I do not like either of the Revell Mercs. Both have to flat of a windshield area (not enough center peak) the wagon still has the peaked hood and header, but it looks as if they attempted to remove the flatness of the sides that the coupe has.

• 10 months later...