Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Okay, what'd I do?

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

When I try to upload a photo, it says I can load only 48 KB. Have I posted too much or something?

Hep me, hep me!

Terry

Posted · Report post

When I try to upload a photo, it says I can load only 48 KB. Have I posted too much or something?

It sounds like you have used up (or come very close to the limit) the allotted amount of uploaded image storage, which for each member is 48.83MB. Move your cursor over and then click the down arrow to the right of your screen name in the header bar, then click on "My Settings", then "Manage Attachments." You can then see how many attachments you've uploaded, and how much space they are using up.

Posted · Report post

May be a good example of why it might be better to link your images from a photo hosting site like Photobucket rather than attaching them here. That way your account doesn't take the brunt of the data storage, another site does. Once you've loaded your photo to the hosting site, you just copy and paste here.

From a more selfish point of view, attachments aren't visible to viewers unless they are signed in members. Sometimes I'm checking in from another computer (like at work) and don't want to sign in. I can't see your pics and neither can non-registered members. Linked images everyone sees.

Posted · Report post

It sounds like you have used up (or come very close to the limit) the allotted amount of uploaded image storage, which for each member is 48.83MB. Move your cursor over and then click the down arrow to the right of your screen name in the header bar, then click on "My Settings", then "Manage Attachments." You can then see how many attachments you've uploaded, and how much space they are using up.

Interesting. Out of curiosity I checked mine. I've used 0 bytes of my 24.41 MB allotment. So, half of what you say I have is already gone and I haven't used any of it. Could be a technical issue?

Posted · Report post

Interesting. Out of curiosity I checked mine. I've used 0 bytes of my 24.41 MB allotment. So, half of what you say I have is already gone and I haven't used any of it. Could be a technical issue?

I can't see what other member's storage limit is, so I am assumed we all had 48.83 MB. Terry has a large number of images attached to his posts, which is fine, but there is a limit, and I suspect he is at or near that limit. Until Terry replies, we can only guess that's the case.

Posted · Report post

Casey I too only have 24

Posted · Report post

X3