Model Cars Magazine Forum

My deuce

Jantrix

I call it my deuce because I decided to build this model not just into something cool, but with the thought of how I would build a real deuce for myself if I had the skills and wherewithal.

I started with the Revell roadster. The engine and seats are from the deuce sedan kit. Wheels and tires are from the Revell '29 pickup 3in1. The body has an old school channel, just the height of the frame. The headlights are '39 Chevy units with a bit of chrome trim added and the bezels frenched in. The grill is made from a pair of pickup truck fenders and some half round stock. The paint is Duplicolor medium grey metallic and Duplicolor clear. The interior and wheels are Krylon burgundy. The pics sort of make the paint look like it is textured and uneven, but I assure you that is just light off the metal flake. The paint is smooth and has a great shine with no polishing. I'm very happy with how it turned out. As always comments and criticisms are welcome.

20131221_114344_zpsrzx7y1jq.jpg

20131221_114321_zps6z4vdu67.jpg

20131221_114259_zpsls1zskqg.jpg

20131221_114249_zpsiy5x7oos.jpg

20131221_114232_zpstplhx07l.jpg

20131221_114221_zpsnqwtdixk.jpg

I like this one. Really stylish build overall. I think the Channeling makes it perfect and that grille with those Chevy Headlights is a nice finishing touch. It fits perfectly. I would have added maybe a couple of details on the engine since it's a Hot Rod without a hood. But it's looking very good like that as well.

I particularly like the height of all the elements ahead of the firewall and how it all fills the space. Something similar is my plan for my own 13-year stalled '32. Nice work.

Yeah, it looks really "hooked up". The proportions and stance are oustanding. One of the sweetest channel jobs on a Revell Deuce Roadster I've seen in a while. Like many, the grille shell is not to my taste, but, frankly, as beautifully integrated as it is in the overall look, I have to overcome my conservative prejudices and admit it looks very fine indeed. Those long headlight housings may be the key. I was waiting for the windshield to see how it all came together and I like it a lot! Big thumbzupz!

What's the source of the door mirror? It's a nice touch.

Edited by Bernard Kron

What's the source of the door mirror? It's a nice touch.

No idea. Just something from the parts bin.

Say has anyone ever mastered an up-top for this kit? That might be a nice touch on this build. I know the AMT kit had one. Has anyone ever noticed whether it fits the Revell kit?

Again thanks much for the compliments. The styling of this build was very important to me, otherwise, it's just another deuce. I'm glad you guys like it.

Edited by Jantrix