Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Well folks, it's that time of year again. The 2013 CBP has just wrapped up and we had a record number of racers at the finish line this year. We had 21 entrants and 23 finished entries.

This year after deliberating with our previous hosts, we came up with the decision to do a Themed build this year.

The Theme this year is "The Last Cannonball, 1979"

No, this won't be our last, and it wasn't Brock Yates last, it was the last Sea to Shining Sea memorial cup dash, basically meaning a cross country point A to B type race. After that the race was the "Cannonball One Lap of America" race in which the race became more of a Rally.

Cannonball-Logo_zps2f95d63b.jpg

So, this year all entries must be of 1979 and earlier subjects. HOWEVER this time we won't be limited the parts used on the racer to this year, so feel free to use those modern drivetrains and rolling stock.

As with every year, Official start date will be January 1st 2014, and the end date will be December 1st 2014.

"I'd like to welcome you all to an event that's sometimes been called the Automotive counterpart to the Bay of Pigs."

"You are certainly the most distinguished group of highway scofflaws and degenerates ever gathered together in one place"

"Of course you know certain skeptics note that perhaps 10,000 of the nation's most elite highway patrolmen are out there waiting for us after we start, but let's stay positively: Think of the fact that there's not one state in the 50 that has the death penalty for speeding... although I'm not so sure about Ohio."

Now before we get going we need to remember that your vehicle will have to follow a few guidelines.

Remember we are racing on City, County, and State Roads and Streets, so we need to be "Street Legal"

Now the Rules Rules:

1.) First rule, as per Rob (Jantrix), this is all about having fun.

2.) You must show a picture of the kit, collection of parts, or re-builder that you are starting with. If it is possible try to post at least 1 update per month even if it just says "I haven't finished any work, but I'm still here..."

3.) On December 1, 2014 I will start a new thread in the "Under Glass" section for everyone to post their finished entry's, you must post their to be included in the voting.

4.) Multiple entries are allowed.

So guys Have Fun and we'll see you in Redondo Beach!

Entries:

1.) Nick Winter-?

2.) maltsr-'67 Corvette Roadster

3.) Jordan White-1973 Mercury Cougar

4.) Slantasurus- XR6 Roadster

5.) zenrat-'75 Buick Skyhawk

6.) W-409- '69 Dodge Charger Daytona

7.) Lunajammer-'69 Torino

8.) Road Runner '79- '79 Little Red Truck, '56 Nomad

9.) TFChronos- '68 Dart & '77 Firebird Formula

10.) Jantrix0 '70 'Cuda

11.) BKCustoms-'69 Firebird

12.) Wrecker388-

13.) TimJ-'70 Mustang Boss 429

14.) 64SS350- 1970 Olds Cutlass Rallye 350

15.) Jordan 191- 1979 Porsche 924 Turbo.

16.) knarf-1979 Camaro Z/28

17.) ChevyCoupe41- '64 Chevy Impala

18.) Kongkustomz- 67 Plymouth GTX, Corvette Grand Sport

19.) BDan91- 69 Nova SS

20.) Drifting Rookie- 67 Malibu SS, '64.5 Mustang?, '57 BelAir?

21.) speedfreak- '68 Dart GSS

22.) hvymtl- '69 Nova

23.) freakshow12- '69 Super Bee

24.) Zarana-X- '72 Datsun 510

25.) cruncher- '57 Nomad, '72 C10

26.) 001slick001- '69 Super bee

27.) Roadkill2525- '75 Lancia Stratos

28.) JTalmage- '68 Charger
29.) RodneyBad- '69 Camaro
30.) patami- ferrari 250 scaglietti

31.) hacked- '70 Corvette LT-1

32.) KurtisEBear- '60 Ranchero
33.) MLMDesign- '67 Charger, '34 Ford pickup
34.) Erik Smith- '66 Riviera

35.) Stang_crazy- '79 Mustang Pace Car

Edited by Nick Winter

With a nod to Niko, I'm in with a '69 Torino. Just not a Talladega. Looking forward to starting Jan. 1st.

Ouch, that's Funny! :lol: I just hope that yours will end up better than mine did, since there came a little paint disaster on the last minute rush... :P

But this year, I promise to finish my Charger Daytona. B)

May i join in with a Datsun 240z gluebomb?

Yeah you can do that :D

So Nick, what are you thinking of building? :P

Well, I made a mistake a month ago, I bought Brock Yates Book.......................and well I want to build a tribute car to the car he raced in "The Last Cannonball"

Awesome theme this year, I was going to wait until the first of the year to enter but eveyone else is already signing up so I figured I'd join you guys. :)

If it's okay I would like to try for two enties again this year, nothing over the top this time. My tag team theme will be from my personal favorite auto makers, Dodge and Pontiac. A 68' Dodge Dart and a 77' or 78' (depends on the kit) Trans Am that I will covert over to a 77' Firebird Formula as a tribute to one my Dad once owned a long time ago. I have the Dart on hand but not the Firebird so I will wait until after I have it to post or start my builds, if that's okay of course. :)

With that said I wish all those who celebrate a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well, see you all in 2014! :)

What car would that be?

You'll have to wait to see :P

Awesome theme this year, I was going to wait until the first of the year to enter but eveyone else is already signing up so I figured I'd join you guys. :)

If it's okay I would like to try for two enties again this year, nothing over the top this time. My tag team theme will be from my personal favorite auto makers, Dodge and Pontiac. A 68' Dodge Dart and a 77' or 78' (depends on the kit) Trans Am that I will covert over to a 77' Firebird Formula as a tribute to one my Dad once owned a long time ago. I have the Dart on hand but not the Firebird so I will wait until after I have it to post or start my builds, if that's okay of course. :)

With that said I wish all those who celebrate a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well, see you all in 2014! :)

Okey Dokey!