Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lonestar for the Fleet (Christmas Eve Update)

I started this one last month, but it's been cold outside, so build progress has been slow....I could have sworn I had posted this, but I can't find it, so here I go, again, I think.....

This is probably the absolute BEST kit I've ever built....The fitment is EXCELLENT.....Everything lines up and fits just as it should....Even after paint.....There is a learning curve, as the instructions can be vague at times, but with TEST FITTING everything, you soon figure out where stuff goes.....I'm very impressed....

0061024x768_zps754c82bd.jpg

0061024x768_zps754c82bd.jpg

0121024x768_zps0e885dc9.jpg

0131024x768_zps10b1283c.jpg

0151024x768_zps7a93ba06.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

JT,

Awesome as usual! Makes me wish I had a Lonestar! I have seen a few built as fire tankers and heavy rescues. They look pretty sharp! But, I have a Mack tanker to finish, plus a ProStar day cab, KW T-800, and Pete 378 tankers/heavy rescues to build! My goal for the New Year is to COMPLETE some of my long unfinished projects before starting anything new.

David

Thanks guys for all the encouragement.....I'm almost finished with it....Christmas Eve and I'm out in the garage working on a model....Oh well, that's what Daddy's do....

I'm really happy with the way this one is turning out....The marriage has been made and the chrome has been attached....I've never seen a kit go together, this good....I mean, I really had no issues with assembly....That is to say, after I figured out where everything goes, as the instructions look great, but seem to leave a few assembly suggestions out....The pictures do help....You need a magnifying glass to see where some parts to the engine go, but look closely and you'll find them.....Well, anyway, here's some more pics....

Not sure what's going on....Can't get anthing to come up....I'll try to load pics, later....

Edited by kilrathy10