Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63 AMT Ford Galaxy Custom

bondo bill

I've had this model sitting around semi-complete for a while, but I finally got around to completing it. I was aiming for an early to mid '60s custom look.

It has Duplicolor paint, and the decals are from an AMT '65 Riviera. I shaved the body and filled in some holes that appeared, removed the vent windows, and reduced the C pillar's width. The rear quarters had to have some minor resculpting, and the rear wheel wells were then enlarged to match the front's more closely. Some custom parts from the kit were added, and I ground the back of the grille down to open it up. The buckets, wheels, and tires all came from my parts box. The whitewalls were done with a paint marker, but I'm still getting the hang of it. Plus, the windows were foiled.

I'm not sure if I quite pulled off the look I was going for (shelf model), but comments welcome!

DSC06745_zpsadef6864.jpg

DSC_0087_zpsa1b2c55e.jpg

DSC_0080_zps4c3b3daa.jpg

DSC_0077_zps2cfea003.jpg

DSC_0081_zpsc2c3d80a.jpg

DSC_0071_zpsc6708e2e.jpg

DSC06727_zpsf0daaaf5.jpg

DSC06744_zps30d50d72.jpg

You need to take your X-acto and slice the decals where they cross over the door panel lines. Use some decal setting solution on the cut to get the decals to snug down against the body. There's no way that the graphics could cross over the door lines like that in real life.

You need to take your X-acto and slice the decals where they cross over the door panel lines. Use some decal setting solution on the cut to get the decals to snug down against the body. There's no way that the graphics could cross over the door lines like that in real life.

Ditto.

And, I think it sits a little too high to be a credible custom ~ especially 60's style.