Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need for Speed. Holy Smokes!

Scott Colmer

Last night just after dinner (about 7pm) wife my urged me to give my Christmas present a try…Need for Speed Most Wanted.

After a bit of figuring out I got it going and WOW!

What graphics and what fun! So many different cars to try, lots of places to race. I put the controller down and went up stairs because it was going to be an in-home movie night for the two of us. She was asleep on the couch. It was 11:30. So I thought I would race a little more. Next time I looked up and it was 1:30am. FInally had to call it quits.

The Ariel Adam is by far my favorite. Hits tops speed go 160 in no time. Handles like a go cart.

Thanks Honey!

Scott

I grew up playing Need for Speed in, what I think was their prime, with gems like underground 1 & 2, the original hot pursuit, and Carbon. I Really think that after the remake of Hot Pursuit (Which has to be my favorite remake) they started to go down hill. I was severally disappointed with "The Run" and I'm not a huge fan of EA since they started doing the pay to unlock and pay to play online. I don't know if it's changed to much but I haven't touched a "Need for Speed" game in ages because of EA's terrible job at caring for the customer. Well I'm off my soapbox now, glad to see that you are enjoying it. What console are you playing on?

In "the god old days" back in the 60's if we got the urge for "the need for speed, it was met on the street, the highways, and also on the local drag strip. It was almost always a great "rush" as everything was "real" and so were the dangers as well. While I wouldn't do those things now as the 60's are long gone and a fading memory, it was a great time to be behind the wheel.

In "the god old days" back in the 60's if we got the urge for "the need for speed, it was met on the street, the highways, and also on the local drag strip. It was almost always a great "rush" as everything was "real" and so were the dangers as well. While I wouldn't do those things now as the 60's are long gone and a fading memory, it was a great time to be behind the wheel.

still did that in the 90's in rural MN.

I remember playing the original Car & Driver's "The Need for Speed" when it came out, and I was playing it on my Sega Saturn... that was a short lived system... man I thought those were awesome graphics back then. Need for Speed III was my favorite for a LONG time. Dont care much for the NFS series now. Dont even like the new Gran Turismo. I'm hooked on Grand Theft Auto 5, and Red Dead Redemption. Rockstar is pretty much my favorite game creator at this point.

Edited by JTalmage