Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Revell Germany new releases

Luc Janssens

The German modelling press has leaked the list, guys...here ya go.

1/24

#05795 Mini Collection Set (reissues Original 998cc Mini Cooper and 2003-vintage Mini Cooper, paints and cement)

#07064 Mini Cooper Rallye Monte Carlo 1964 (modified reissue)

#07065 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback (reissue, ex-Monogram)

#07066 Lamborghini Diablo (reissue, ex-Monogram)

#07067 1953 Corvette Roadster (reissue, ex-Monogram)

#07070 Trabant 601 Universal (modified reissue, station wagon type variant)

#07071 VW Golf 1 Cabrio (NEW TOOL)

#07072 VW Golf 1 GTi (NEW TOOL)

#07073 Ferrari “La Ferrari” (NEW TOOL)

#07423 Iveco Stralis (reissue, ex-Italeri)

1/25

#07068 2005 Chevy Impala Police Car (reissue, ex-Revell SnapTite)

#07069 Corvette C5-R “Compuware” (reissue, ex-Revell USA)

1/16

#07455 Peterbilt 359 reissue, ex-Monogram)

Thats all she wrote, folks. Personally, I'm looking forward to the 1st generation Golf kits, and an affordable kit of the LaFerrari.

Kind of gives me hope that a BMW 2002 might be in the offing some day...

Jason McMinn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is what I'm hoping, too, Jason, bu until then there is a solution in 1/24, though only as a die-cast

(which might be a possibility when there are no resin or plastic alternatives available - at least at affordable prices).

I have the Fabbri/Quattroruote release from ca. 2008/2009 : BMW 1600 ti from 1968 in dark blue with cream interior, which is actually available from white Box in a period typical orange with black interior. Both doors and hoods open, but the gaps on the hoods are hardly visible at all.

post-11195-0-59985500-1388580265_thumb.j

post-11195-0-50338000-1388580334_thumb.j

I just wonder about the reason to do 1st gen VW Golfs. I'd like to see some present day VWs.

Well while there was a 1/25 Rabbit, and Fujimi did a curbside 1st Gen Golf, neither was European -- the internet has shrunk the world, but I can see them wanting to do their own, I imagine these will be strictly German/Euro version cars much like the Beetle kits from this year. 1st Gen Golf is (at the newest) a 30 year old car now, and 38 years since the introduction of the GTI in 1976, and 34 years since the Cabrio first appeared in 1980.

Edited by niteowl7710

I like the Trabant…well, I like a model of a Trabant wagon...

What is the difference between the Golf and the Rabbit?

It seems ROG is in the process of tooling up new kits of kits that have already been tooled before…Mini, 2CV, Beetle, Rabbit/Golf…not complaining - just kind of interesting. Also, is that front bumper on the convertible from a different year? Or why does it extend back vs. the other version (and Rabbit bumpers)?

I like the Trabant…well, I like a model of a Trabant wagon...

What is the difference between the Golf and the Rabbit?

Rabbit is what the 1st gen Golf was named in NA. These kits are the European spec--smaller bumpers, round headlights, etc. The differences in the bumpers in the kit illustrations are because they are different model years, I assume....the Mk I Golf had an MCE somewhere in it's run...the GTI was added in '76, the Cabrio in '80.

More info here..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Golf_Mk1

Edited by Rob Hall

Well I already have the vastly superior (sorry it is, and always will be -- just compare any Tamiya and Revell AG Ferarris) Tamiya LaFerrari, but sign me up for the Golfs and the Trabant WAGON.

Yeah especially Tamiya's 458 and F12 just kidding, but seriously I wonder how Mr. T decides which to do? The La Ferrari was an obvious no-brainer.

I think they missed the boat big time when they passed on the 458.

Joe.

Yeah especially Tamiya's 458 and F12 just kidding, but seriously I wonder how Mr. T decides which to do? The La Ferrari was an obvious no-brainer.

I think they missed the boat big time when they passed on the 458.

Joe.

Seems like since the 360 twins Tamiya has focused on the Hyper Car end of the Ferrari line-up. The Enzo, the FXX, now the La Ferrari.

Still waiting to see who's gonna be the brave ones and take on the Ferrari FF...my guess would be Fujimi, but it might be no one at this rate.

The Golfs better not be like the laughable mess they made of my beloved Mk.2 :(

That Golf GTi Mk2 was a re-release of an '80s / '90s kit, rather than a new one, so based on the quality of the recent new tooling car kits from Revell AG, it is very likely that the Golf Mk1 kits will be well detailed and engineered.

Kind of gives me hope that a BMW 2002 might be in the offing some day...

Jason McMinn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is what I'm hoping, too, Jason, bu until then there is a solution in 1/24, though only as a die-cast

(which might be a possibility when there are no resin or plastic alternatives available - at least at affordable prices).

I have the Fabbri/Quattroruote release from ca. 2008/2009 : BMW 1600 ti from 1968 in dark blue with cream interior, which is actually available from white Box in a period typical orange with black interior. Both doors and hoods open, but the gaps on the hoods are hardly visible at all.

That looks pretty good! If a kit version is a must-have, then Air Trax do / did a resin BMW of this shape, but I'm not sure exactly which version. However IIRC, it was a transkit to be used with the old Revell BMW 3 series (first gen - E21??) kit.

I think it would have been a better bet for them to make a 458 spider, SLS convertible or Ferrari FF, especially given some of the tooling has already been done for the 458 and SLS.

Absolutely for the 458 spider but not the FF

Joe.

I'm surprised they didn't do the Porsche 918 being German. I'm surprised it wasn't kitted before laferrari considering its on the road first.

Ben

All about licensing, as Revell AG obviously has a current license with Ferrari. Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't think they've kitted a new Porsche (or an old one either for that matter) since the Porsche 911 kits in the 1980s. Fujimi and Tamiya seem to hold the Porsche licensing right now.

All about licensing, as Revell AG obviously has a current license with Ferrari. Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't think they've kitted a new Porsche (or an old one either for that matter) since the Porsche 911 kits in the 1980s. Fujimi and Tamiya seem to hold the Porsche licensing right now.

Hopefully a 918 is in progress then. The Laferrari is lonely.

Ben