Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photobucket's recent debacle

Modlbldr

What has Photobucket done to their site now? I can't upload photos to it from my phone anymore. It comes up with the screen to click on the checkmark to upload photos but I can't seem to click on it. I sure wish sites wouldn't put out updates that don't seem to work. Is anyone else having problems or is it just me? How have you gotten it to work? What was wrong with the way it was? Why do I sound so much like my FATHER right now?

Later-

Reading through the ratings on ON it would seem we are not the only ones w/ issues. Now I have to find a new site to be able to load photos from. Anyone use anything else that they could give some advice? I have some kit bodies that I would like to trade but can't without uploading photos.

Later-

I have Fotki and have always liked their site and interfaces. They did have some issues this past year. They moved their operations to Estonia and there were periods where there were a lot of missing files. It seems we are past that now.

You can get a free page there, but I've always had a paid account. There's a bunch of savings when you sign up for multiple years. Every so often they have a sale, and that's a good time to re-up.

The new app works...sometimes. I have to "copy" the image link multiple times to post a pic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have had issues with the earlier iPhone app as well - lots of error messages and multiple image downloads after it said it didn't work.

I quit using the photobucket app and started using the photobucket mobile site instead. Seems to work a lot better. The photobucket app seems to be nothing but problems. if you log onto photobucket on your mobile browser and go right to the bottom of the screen there should be a link that says photobucket mobile. click on that and it gets rid of all of the ads and stuff that slow down the site loading.

i know on the puter it stopped one day uploading pics for whatever reason, asked my computer guru/ geek friend what to do h asked what web browser i use i said internet explorer he said "theres your problem" i downloaded (firefox mozilla) and use that as my new web browser no problems with anything anymore!

I've been using FireFox for a couple of years. I'm obviously not the only one since reading the app ratings. I found a little way around it for now but it is a pain. If I go directly to PB.com I can upload one photo at a time but have to go in and out of each site each time. Guess I'll ask my daughter what she uses and give up on PB for now.

Later-

With the mobile app, I've found that if you try to open the app and upload pics, it doesnt work, and gives the problems that you all are describing. I've figured out that if you want to upload a single photo just hit the menu button on your phone (android in my case) and click the share box, then it will bring up all the programs you can share it with. Select photobucket, and then you will be able to upload it. I catch myself opening the app and trying it all the time... then have to close it and do it the way I learned. If you want to upload a bunch of photos, long press on a pic, and you can select multiple pics, then click share, and do the same thing. This way you can select the album you want it to go in as well. Works well for me.