Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '57 Chrysler 300C done!

fun9c1

Very nicely done Rob !

Your trim work looks great as do the red/white/blue emblems . I like that you painted the inside of the headlight buckets body color , most people don't know that ! :D

I looked at alot of pics before I started! :)

Looks great,color and details are very nice :) The sound isolation under the hood made me curious,what stuff did you use to make it?

That's some flocking I got like 20 years ago. I couldn't tell you what kind/brand, etc. Same stuff I used for the carpet. All I remember about it is that I got it in a hobby shop.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Edited by fun9c1

Love the shot of the rear Nice detail on those reverse lights

Looks Great

Thank you. I'm not sure what most people do for reverse lights, but I mixed a tiny bit of silver in with flat white. I'd say maybe 15:1 just guessing. Or another way to put it- maybe 1/8tsp or a little more of flat white with a drop or two of silver.

Top class build , looks great . Model on a sheet of ice , scorching hot here in Oz , hiding inside with the aircon on . Hope you all make it thru the big freeze .

Thanks man. Yup, 6° here right now and dropping. With a 15-20 mph wind. It's freakin cold.... At least the ice is gone off most of the roads now. :)