Model Cars Magazine Forum

GMC Astro daycab

Very nice. There used to be a couple like these owned by Thurston eeons ago that were hacked into mobile home toters locally here in the southeast. Only recently did they become razor blades. Always seemed like they would fall on their faces if the front brakes locked while running bobtail.

http://hankstruckpictures.com/df_thurston.htm

Really neat.

I use Testors Model Masters Grun RLM 62. It's a pretty close match (to me) to the Detroit Diesel Alpine Green that was used in the 1970s. The Detroit Diesel Alpine Green that Dupli-Color sells is just too dark, in my opinion. Judge for yourself.

Dupli-Color Alpine Green:

07Top2.jpg

Testors Grun RLM 62:

Curbside.jpg

Mark, great start. With the air foil on the roof, to me anyway, it screams UPS. I may have to make one of the brown clowns wiggle wagons. No offense to any UPS drivers meant. Just to many years of hearing that on the CB.

Edited by purepmd

With the air foil on the roof, to me anyway, it screams UPS. I may have to make one of the brown clowns wiggle wagons. No offense to any UPS drivers meant. Just to many years of hearing that on the CB.

I had forgotten about that saying - thanks for the laugh of the day. :lol: I remember getting stuck behind those on I-80 through Wyoming.

Jim - Nice work , and I like the RLM 62 better also.