Model Cars Magazine Forum

This one is a old goal I have, to build a model of a 1982 Galaxie. I don't have the skills yet.

The car shown is mine 1982 Galaxie Landau. It's all original, with factory paint in acrylic enamel metallic, factory vinyl roof, factory upholstery, never used spare, and about 46 K miles from new.

22275225.32db7fb8.800.jpg

First off, your '82 Ford looks very clean and well kept. I find it interesting how manufactures alter their vehicles for other markets. It looks like they used the Mercury hood and grill , and the same thing on the rear. The interior looks like a far greater upgrade than what was sold in the US. You might see if there is a Mercury kit or Resin and combine it with the Galaxy police car kit. This might help you with the general shape of your car.

Thanks guys!!

This year Galaxie is among the very last ones, as production stopped in 1983.

The very first ones, manufactured in 1966 as 1967 models are just a '66 U.S. Galaxie.

Here is one:

5172727249_3d57818f4d_z.jpg

South Brazilian Car Show. by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

5172718745_49daf04338_z.jpg

Under the hood you can see the Y-Block engine Ford used here up to 1975

The evolution of the '66 Galaxie design into the '82 Galaxie:

The 1967 and 1968 models were just the same.

First changes came in 1969:

5644831117_bcfd8ff2f3_z.jpg
1970:

Boy is that sharp. Has anyone down there ever imported a '66 2-door hardtop or convertible body and upgraded it with the Brazilian trim?

And it's a bit O/T, but what is that VW wagon in the second and third photos? At first I thought it was a Brasilia (like the one Maysa Matarazzo got killed in) but it looks different, like a cross between a Type 3 front and a Brasilia rear.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Boy is that sharp. Has anyone down there ever imported a '66 2-door hardtop or convertible body and upgraded it with the Brazilian trim?

And it's a bit O/T, but what is that VW wagon in the second and third photos? At first I thought it was a Brasilia (like the one Maysa Matarazzo got killed in) but it looks different, like a cross between a Type 3 front and a Brasilia rear.

I think nobody did that yet even tough there are lot's of '66 Galaxies around here.

That VW is a 1972 Variant. It also came as a two door fastback.