Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Touring, Muscle Car, Sports, Tuner Wheel Sets - 2 more added + tire options

A little something I've been working on. New Tamiya tires, aluminum sleeves with hand polished interior surfaces, resin cast wheel centers. Scale out to 22's in 1/24 and 23's in 1/25. Fronts are 2 scale inches narrower than rears. Aluminum sleeves are reversible to change the offset of the resin wheel centers (wide or normal lip).

**edited to add name for each set**

IMG_0128_zpsf54b121f.jpgIMG_0129_zpsbe08b9a5.jpg

Z06 split 5 spoke

IMG_0132_zps4d5bc472.jpgIMG_0133_zps0beacdd5.jpg

Sportec Mono 10

IMG_0197_zpse24d8201.jpg

"modern" 5 Spoke Mag

IMG_0203_zpse00333d0.jpg

GT Split 5 spoke

IMG_0208_zps041eb48f.jpg

Nismo 5 spoke

IMG_0215_zps0ecb2806.jpg

GT3 10 spoke

IMG_0219_zps2b6adbfe.jpg

Edited by shucky

Thanks Jeff! They are available now in limited number. I have been selling my spare resin on eBay mostly as I no longer take specific orders unless its something I'm currently working on or can handle doing between my own projects. What I have made currently is listed on eBay now, some have sold already but I do have some in all styles ready to ship. I will also have more made up within the next week or so. I made these for my own projects and have plenty for myself so I decided to sell the spares. They come complete with new Tamiya tire pack, aluminum sleeves (hand polished inner surfaces), and resin wheel inserts. Here is a set mocked up-

IMG_0174_zps76e34844.jpg

Some info on the aluminum sleeves-

FRONT (.411 wide) = In 1/24 [9.86 wide], in 1/25 [10.2 wide]

REAR (.491 wide) = In 1/24 [11.78 wide], in 1/25 [12.2 wide]

DIAMETER of each (.914) = In 1/24 [21.9 inch], in 1/25 [22.85 inch]

Edited by shucky

Chris sent you PM. Thanks Kerry, thanks Fred! I'll just say publicly to my friends in the "north" (Canada lol) if any of you have issues with eBay because of my account preferences please PM me here and we can arrange something outside of eBay (like always). Thanks fellas.

I would be very interested in some if not all of these. I'll be (at some point in the future) building a sort of modern pro street( I guess that's what you would call this) version of a 72 chevy truck. It's kind of a cross between pro street and pro touring??? I don't know but I think it looks pretty sweet.

0903tr_10_z1970_chevy_c10right_rear_angl

What you're showing pictures of is the closest thing I have been able to find. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. But I could build a model around any of those wheel as opposed to building a model and finding the right wheels!

If you have any ordering info and or ebay name let me know. Those are just plain sweet!

Thanks guys for all of the orders and kind words. Some folks have already received their wheels sets and all others pending are shipping tomorrow.

Tom, the backs are flat. Since there is "selling" here if anyone needs further info please send me a PM.

I should be adding another new wheel center next week as well.

Thanks ya'll

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, thanks so much for the orders and the kind words! I'm working hard to get more finished. I will be adding 2 more styles next week. A classic 5 spoke mag and a large diameter Fuch's. I will also have some options for wide tires at all four corners and some sets with resin sleeves instead of aluminum. Will post pictures in this thread when everything is ready.