Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's not a Hemi Cuda but still fun. 66 Nova update 3/12/14 Now under glass

Skypower

That thing is BAD Bob! That car has ATTITUDE. If it were mine I'd finish up the front end and whatever else needs to be done then polish and wax and put it on display. That thing is awsome. Man you really did some nice work on this car considering what it was like in the beginning. (Fellate that sucker and fry it up!). Seriously though, you have done some astonding work here, you should be really proud.

Thanks John I did try one side of the vent windows but it look out of scale so I pulled it off I think the windows are too thick I should have addressed that long before now but live and learn.

Now if I can just get the hood and scoop to cooperate and look ok I should be nearing the finish line. Finally.

Edited by Skypower

Thanks John I did try one side of the vent windows but it look out of scale so I pulled it off I think the windows are too thick I should have addressed that long before now but live and learn.

Now if I can just get the hood and scoop to cooperate and look ok I should be nearing the finish line. Finally.

FWIW: I know your calling this done, but for future reference on those thick vent windows….

Foil the frame, but black-out the edge where the glass would ride in the window channel. And the opposite side is the black rubber gasket for the vent window. After blacking out those two side's it turns the vent window trim into a real thin piece of chrome that would be impossible to cut to size. Plus blacking it out reduces the visual thickness of the glass too. Try it next time.

• 4 months later...