Model Cars Magazine Forum

it's a boy!

MachinistMark

Congrats!

Oh it's all exciting and "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" until neither of you have slept through the night for about 6 months. Sure the every 3 hours 24/7 feeding schedule goes away after a few months, but they never sleep through the night. Up at least once, maybe twice, usually right after you lay down (they can sense comfort and relaxation). Eventually a switch flips and they can self-soothe (suck their thumb, find their pacifier, or just doze back off if they wake up) and decide they should sleep till morning like a normal person, but until that day you just sit around and wait for the middle of the night screaming. Got to the point where I wouldn't even go to bed until after our now 11 m/o threw his tantrum somewhere between 1:30am - 3am. Then finally for no particular reason he started sleeping in until like 9am, and since he wasn't waking my 2 y/o up, SHE started sleeping until 9am too. Suddenly we could get a solid 8-10 hours of sleep again for the first time in like 2 years. It's like your birthday, your wedding, their birth, and a Christmas Miracle all rolled into one when that finally happens.

CONGRADULATIONS Mark and Cameron also, you're lives have changed forever, but in a good way, Hey I'm right there with you my wife and I have a 4 year old granddaughter that lives with us, so at 57 it's just like starting over and even though it has it's challenges I wouldn't change a thing. With that said, hoping and praying that everything goes well for both your families!! :)

I have never had more modeling time than the last month when we had the baby. I thought I was done for a while, but it's the opposite. Feed him, burp him, change him and put him down in his little rocking bed thing next to the bench. I can't paint when he's in there, but I have been sanding and fitting like a madman. I usually get about two hours at a time. My wife stays home, so i releive her and she can sleep.

Sleeping baby, sleeping wife, nobody to tell me what to do. It will change though, when he gets more aware, teething etc. But they sleep for longer periods. So far it's worked out alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations.

What we learned is . . . small children, small problems . . . big children, big problems. Remember, they are yours forever. You don't grow out of them. B)

How very true.

And I'd get them at the age when they were becoming bigger problems, and saw the results of parents not remaining involved to the extent they should have.

Charlie Larkin

What we learned is . . . small children, small problems . . . big children, big problems.

I used to car pool with a guy who had two daughters under 6. He'd ask me if it got easier. I told him, "There are always issues, they just change. Wait until they're out there at night driving cars!"

And I've survived all of that. My daughters are now 25 and 30 and on their own. Still when they call with a problem, they're still your little girl and you'd do anything for them!

• 1 year later...

as you may have noticed, ive posted a new thread about a baby on the way, and the Décor is decidedly female. Because we are having a girl, the little fella this thread was made for ended up being born about 15 weeks early on feb 11 2014, and sadly didn't make it. we named him Maxwell mark Fulmore, and he was nearly 2 pounds even at 25 weeks.. couldn't bring myself to update this thread for a long time save for a few private messages to a select few, but now were on the homestretch, Baby and momma are doing aces, and we are feeling really positive. so stand by to be inundated with pictures of Addison angela!