Model Cars Magazine Forum

The wife starting her first non snaptite kit. 1/16 charger w.i.p small update 1/30/14

bosshog

I've got the bestest wifey ever. She's into my racing,r/c racing and now into modeling.she has built a few snaptites and wants to do her first full blown build without any help from me haha. She wanted me to make her a w.I.p thread so figures why not. More to come.

post-12974-0-17305300-1389408008_thumb.j

post-12974-0-96643700-1389408154_thumb.j

Edited by bosshog

I think it's awesome that your wife is into model building. I have that Charger kit and plan on building it with a Hemi I have from a dragster that is missing parts. Good luck little lady and enjoy yourself. More women should get into this hobby. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

This is awesome. Lucky, lucky man you are sir! Women can definitely have a better eye for detail. Not too much into Ferrari's but the Vette is gorgeous! I'll be following along for sure on this and your 1/12 Camaro. Good luck to both of you!

I'm chiming in so I can follow her build.

I show my wife my builds and she's like, "Looks good" and then looks up. LOL

Lol yeah I've seen that look a couple of times haha. While I'm at work she's studying her instructions and tonight we start

I show my wife my builds and she's like, "Looks good" and then looks up. LOL

I often get "You're so funny" when I share my modeling progress with my wife.

She used to build too, but she found other hobbies she enjoys more. I must admit it was fun while it lasted when she would build across the bench from me.

I'm just hoping after 20 years of building she don't out do me lol

Yeah, turned out my wife was a natural at airbrushing. She'd watch me, then copy.

Come to think of it, it was about the time I had her start cleaning it up after she sprayed that she started getting "tired" of building...