Model Cars Magazine Forum

GOODGUYS SPRING NATIONALS ~ Scottsdale ~ March 7-8-9

Danno

The 5th Annual GoodGuys Spring Nationals Model Car and Pedal Car Show will be Friday-Saturday-Sunday, March 7 – 8 - 9, 2014 at Westworld in Scottsdale, AZ. The Model Car and Pedal Car Show will take place all three days. Goodguys at Scottsdale is Arizona's longest-running model car/truck event!

As an extra added attraction for model car/truck builders, there will be as many as 2,500 1:1 scale rods, customs, street machines, muscle cars, and special interest vehicles on display for modeling inspiration!

Here's the scoop:

Registration is Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 11am. You may register and enter as many models and/or pedal cars as you would like to bring. There is no entry fee to register for the Model Car and Pedal Car Show/Contest. Past winners are welcome for display.

We encourage you to bring all or as many of your models as you'd like, even if they've been displayed or entered before! There will be thousands of spectators on hand to see your models and they love all varieties of model cars and trucks! Where else can your model get that kind of exposure?

There is no entry fee for model cars or pedal cars, but you must pay regular admission to get into the event either Friday or Saturday in order to enter the Model Car and Pedal Car Show/Contest.

Bonus! When you enter the Model Car and Pedal Car Show/Contest, you will receive a free all-day pass to enter the event on Sunday to pick up your models/pedal cars (between 2pm and 3pm). So, at the very least, you get two days' admission for the price of one!

* Extra bonus! If you enter 10 or more models and/or pedal cars, you will get free admission for the day you enter as well as Sunday for pick up. Just contact the Model Car Show Director before the event for details ~ GoodAZGuy@cox.net

Peoples Choice balloting and selection of the Top 12 will be conducted all three days; awards will be displayed with winning models and pedal cars on Sunday following the Revell Make-N-Take event.

There will be a Best of Show award and Best Junior Model award.

There will be a Peoples Choice Award and Top Twelve Models awards selected by spectator balloting.

* Last fall nearly 1400 spectators voted for their favorite models! *

There will be a Revell Make-N-Take event on Saturday at 1pm and on Sunday at 11am at the Model Car and Pedal Car Show. Revell will provide a free snap kit for each child 12 years of age & under who is in attendance and builds the kit at the event. Moonlight Modelers Club and Cactus Car Modelers Club members will be on hand to advise or help the youngsters with their kits if needed.

The Southwest Nationals Model Car and Pedal Car Show/Contest will be inside the big ‘tent’ building (where the Barret-Jackson auction is held) at the main entry to the GoodGuys Southwest Nationals event.

>>> Post any questions here, or contact the model car show director at
GoodAZGuy@cox.net
<<<

Come see us there!!! We'll look forward to seeing you and all your model car, truck, or motorcycle creations!

• 1 month later...

Woot, first one on the tables! :)

That's what happens when you work the night shift and have to enter your build before you go to bed before next shift. ;)

It was great playing catch-up with the old club members.

Maybe I'll get time to do that some more today.

A lot of hard work by the Cactus Car Modelers and Moonlight Modelers clubs (and anyone else I may have missed) goes into putting on this contest which is free to enter.

I thank the sponsors for making this possible including the Make-N-Take which gets the younger crowd involved.

Follow link to Flickr for photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blunc/sets/72157642306467983/

(and yes, that's my 1/32 scale '34 Ford) :)

Actually, Mike, the two Good Guys Model Car and Pedal Car Shows/Contests in Arizona are put on by a very hard-working staff of eight volunteers, nearly all of whom have been helping me for thirteen years now.

We all happen to be members of Moonlight Modelers and four of us also happen to be members of Cactus Car Modelers.

We promote the clubs at every Good Guys event, display the club banners with Good Guys' blessing, and hand-out promotional flyers for Desert Scale Classic, but get no monetary or manpower support from the clubs.

It is the Good Guys Rod & Custom Association and Revell Models that deserve all the credit for sponsoring the Spring Nationals Model Car and Pedal Car Contest every spring and the Southwest Nationals Model Car and Pedal Car Contest every fall, along with ~ of course ~ the very loyal and dedicated team of volunteers who make them happen.

And, by the way, Mike . . . great pictures!!

Thanks for posting them.

Congratulations to you for your Top Twelve Pick award for your stunning '34 Ford coupe! Glad I had a magnifying glass to see all the incredible detailing! I do not know how you did all that. Remarkable model.

Glad you're back! B)

And, by the way, Mike . . . great pictures!!

Thanks for posting them.

Congratulations to you for your Top Twelve Pick award for your stunning '34 Ford coupe! Glad I had a magnifying glass to see all the incredible detailing! I do not know how you did all that. Remarkable model.

Glad you're back! B)

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Keep your magnifying glass handy, I have more in process.