Model Cars Magazine Forum

Semi-restored 32 Ford Highboy

Prince Ital Mike

Hallo everybody,

I´d like to show you my latest build, a 32 Ford 5-Window Coupe (Revell). I really enjoyed this build. It was first time for me that I used some techniques, like weathering, hinging the trunk or using pre-wired distributor.

The story: The owner of this car restored completely the rolling chassis but after that he found out, that he is practically out of money. However, he liked the car so much that he couldn´t wait for the paint job, so he just sanded the body, changed the roof panel and completed the car to drive it. Now he is waiting for the day he can finish it :)

Here are the pictures:

DSC_1022.jpg?ver=2

DSC_1023.jpg?ver=2

DSC_1024.jpg?ver=2

DSC_1025.jpg?ver=2

...more to come.

Great work Michael ! It looks like a lot of cars I've owned over the years . . . I never could afford to finish them but they always ran great .

All of your weathering and detailing looks excellent ! One thing I might suggest is to sand the tire treads a little bit to remove the seam , it will make a big difference on your next one ! :)