Model Cars Magazine Forum

pets.....

tubbs

• 3 months later...

Some recent photos of my two feline companions , Molly Anne McCalico (ostensibly , the Calico) and Oliver Nathanel Hawthorne Sabastian (red/orange and white):

" I just got home from getting my nails trimmed and am now going to take your chair over !"

post-6643-0-62185000-1430789634_thumb.jp

"Hi , daddy !"

post-6643-0-92294500-1430789687_thumb.jp

" Talking to my buddy Horatio ... why do you ask ??"

post-6643-0-31568600-1430789664_thumb.jp

"Thanks for brushing my fur ! My summer coat is coming in ."

post-6643-0-22184300-1430789714_thumb.jp

I've posted here in the past about our dogs that have passed away, we lost 4 senior dogs over the last 3 1/2 years.. but we've been successful with adoptions of dogs from rescues and shelters..here is the current pack..

Ginny (Ginger) she is 7, had her since she was 11 months old. 5 pounds of Yorkie joy..

photo1-vi.jpg

Penny, 8, an 8 lb Yorkie, was adopted from a local rescue in '13..

photo-vi.jpg

Zo (Alonzo/Zoie) on the left is a HUGE Yorkie boy (16lbs!)--adopted him 3 years ago, 9 yrs old, in the center is Nautibell (aka Bitey) an Australian Terrier rescued from the county shelter, was a stray--at least 10 yrs old; and in the front, Raine, 2yrs old, adopted last fall from a local rescue..not sure what she is, but she is very loving..

photo-vi.jpg

Mr. Beardsley--1yr old, adopted last fall with Raine (on the right) from a local rescue..he's some sort of terrier mix..a sweet little guy

photo1-vi.jpg

And Henry...he's a 10lb Yorkie, 8 yrs old, adopted from our a manager at our vet's office..he kind of antisocial w/ the other dogs but is loving w/ his humans..

photo1-vi.jpg

Here is a closeup of Nautibell (Bitey)...she was adopted in '13 on my sister's birthday, one year after Nauti her previous Aussie Terrier passed away. She had two tumors that were

removed last year, were cancerous, but after 6 months on cancer meds, her oncologist says she is cancer free...great dog, very loving.

photo-vi.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

well the shepard was more of a home defense acquisition

my folks live out in the woods with 10 acres & needed something a little bigger for guard duty, & not from just people. i think it was around '97-'98, Mya, one of his yorkies was hauled off by a cougar... :(

Yeah, when I grew up we had the shepherds on a 150 acre property in the woods of east Ohio...lots of room for them to run. I'm a city guy, I like a small fenced (or better, walled) back yard for the little dogs..

• 7 months later...

This is "Shorty" the stinky beagle.

Spoiled rotten he is.

I got him from the Humane Society of Missouri 10 years ago this week. He is a hurricane Rita orphan. My then wife and I had just got back from a Vegas trip when a friend that worked there called about all the dogs they had gotten. Most  needed adoption or else........ 

So we go over to the St Louis office and look around. This little booger was asleep in a crate having been treated for heart worms. My wife wanted a beagle badly so we asked if he was adoptable. They put us in a meeting room and let him walk in. For some strange reason I chose to sit on the floor instead of the bench. This dog crawled in my lap and went to sleep. My first though? "Oh Scheist, I'm a dog owner" 

G

Well I'll add mine into this fun!

My old shop was well the same one it is now, BUT its being "re-sat" as far as bench work goes. The next couple pics are when it had all the old bench work! So here is "Tuffy"..... My little partner in crime / Shop Dog:

He's fully grown, and is enjoying a shop "Chew Stick".

Playing on the floor in front of where the Unimat is now......

Last year BEFORE the bench work was changed just before Christmas, (he's wearing his Christmas shirt to keep him warm) The shop is in the attic and no heat BUT it doesn't go below 60 degrees even in the coldest weather, its insulated good!) BUT hes just a little dog so....... Plus the shirt almost is a Christmas shirt...... The 2 Dodge Trucks ARE both the trucks in my "Father & Son" Dodge Truck Build! :)

This was taken right after the bench work was re-done and this little Dog Bed was made UNDER the computer bench! Close enough to "watch" me, but far enough away that he doesn't get hurt. (He & my Wife had an accident a while back where he got thinner in his eye.. YEP off to the Vet he went that night! Right after I flushed his eye out with eye wash! (Can't be to safe!) The Vet told me that was thee single best thing I could have done for him at that time, not 1 minute after it happened!! -So now he loves the shop (still) but giving him a "bed" he lays there and watches, instead of being right next/near me or my wife.... (The wife has a craft area in the shop!)

Sleeping peacefully........ 'Till I make some sort of noise, that gets his attention that is!

• 4 months later...

Currently, the four dogs are mine and the wife has two hedge hogs....

Turner......a seven year old sheltie/Jack Russell mix who came through a rescue who saved him from Death Row as no one ever claimed him.  He was dropped at a rural shelter in a pet crate at the wrong door so he managed to survive a summer day of 90+ degree heat so he dodged death twice! The name came from the rescue where he was originally Leo but spun in circles when you get his food ready

Bear......a four year old Pekanese/border collie mix from a shelter where they had the owner relinquish her and three other dogs being chained up outside in the snow and sub freezing temps with now shelter or water.  She looks like a 30lbs grizzly.  I wanted Dora as we went to meet her and she checked out the whole room we were in before she came to either of us...hence Dora the Explorer

Jamie.......a five year old pure bred Australian Shepherd.  She came from Georgetown KY shelter.  She was fostered with a deaf dog so she knows verbal as well as non verbal commands.  I think she may be in the witness relocation program as everytime you try to get her pic, she leaves the room.  Can't change the name as she responded so well to it

Brian.......a five year Aussie/Husky mix. Only been with us a month as she came from a shelter with TWO chips that the owners never kept the info current.  He was overweight and severely neglected fur.  His first stop was the vet for a haircut, manny, petty and full check up.  They removed a pounds and a half (!) of fur off the poor guy.  My sons named him for Brian Griffin from Family Guy as Aussie's are so smart....and I think his weight issue was from being fed only people food.

Te hedgehogs are Spike and Piper.....those are the wife's pets.