Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 362 Hay Truck 1:22

It's been a few months since my last build, and I wanted to start the new year with something fresh. I have never build a Peterbilt 362 cabover, and a Hay ride has always been on my wishlist. This type of truck is often used in that line of transport.

As always I have used Lego to create the model. The hay is actually made from rabbit food :-), and is pressed into bales with a special press I created for the purpose.

This is in 1:22 scale made from genuine Lego bricks with tiltable cabin, working doors and lots of chassis and engine detail. Truly chrome plated bricks are added for the finishing touch.

12013080625_581d6fb489_b.jpg

12013898366_620186c74a_b.jpg

12013897716_54e5def2d6_b.jpg

12013894886_a3ba3dd21b_b.jpg

Edited by Bricksonwheels

Dennis, usually I don't follow WIP threads, but I really wonder what the used Lego parts look like and how you proceed. Since I suppose that I am not the only one, so what about a pictorial WIP contribution?

I followed the link to your homepage - simply stunning! BTW how do you keep that cat from your models?

Dennis, usually I don't follow WIP threads, but I really wonder what the used Lego parts look like and how you proceed. Since I suppose that I am not the only one, so what about a pictorial WIP contribution?

I followed the link to your homepage - simply stunning! BTW how do you keep that cat from your models?

Well, I can do that. At the moment I am updating a few of my models for the 2014 events. I attend a small mix of the bigger modelbuilding events and Legoshows in Europe.

These models (most of them can be found on this forum as well) are existing ones that just get a small revamp, but after that there is new work scheduled, and I can take some WIP pictures along.

There are no building instruction, I use refference material from internet only, and brochures from manufacturers, but you could get a nice impression from the bricks used during the WIP.

ooh.. yes the cat... well he's quite fond of Lego. When I build he's usually sitting interrested on a pile of bricks half asleep watching me. He has never destroyed or eaten anything though.

He's too lazy for that.

All th eothers thanks for your comments!