Model Cars Magazine Forum

ET 10 spoke wheels?

Many kits had them and Competition Resins has them as well. The old AMT 57 Ford had a set. The AMT Piranha had a set, Those are the ones I can readily remember and I am sure there were many other kits that had them. They were very popular back in the 60s.

I think you're thinking of spindle-mount American 12-spoke wheels. The 10-spokes are a modern interpretation of the original 12-spokes, but most of the 10-spokes I've seen have a bolt flange, and are a five-lug bolt-on type wheel.

I did 10 spoke Halibrands in photo-etch when I owned Machined Aluminum Specialties. Contact Terry Kinnear to see if he has any left. Aluminum rims with a two piece photo-etched center. They were spindle mounts.

Mark

Found his eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-1-25-System-4-Pro-Street-Wheel-kit-with-Hallibrand-centers-by-MAS-/121257835772?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item1c3b87bcfc#ht_67wt_1190

Edited by astroracer

Those E.T. wheels have not been kitted, The closest are the spindle mounts in the Bantam Blast Altered, The Piranha Drag Car and some other AMT kits. The ones in the pic are the new bolt on style, the kit are spindle mount only.

I have a spare set if you need them

Those E.T. wheels have not been kitted, The closest are the spindle mounts in the Bantam Blast Altered, The Piranha Drag Car and some other AMT kits. The ones in the pic are the new bolt on style, the kit are spindle mount only.

I have a spare set if you need them

Thanks for the offer. Will let you know if I can't find anything.