Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri IVECO-Magirus Ladder Truck

I've been working on this one (on & off) for a while now, and I figured it was time to upload some WIP pics. So far the kit has been quite nice. This is my first Italeri kit, and it really has gone together quite well. Still not a big fan of the multi-piece cab, though.

Here is the look I'm going for:
VigilidelFuoco_zps1f207566.jpg

Apparently, the kit is an earlier version of the IVECO 190 26, but since the kit is Italian (Italeri), IVECO is Italian, and I'm part Italian; I figured that Vigili del Fuoco was an obvious choice.

Here are a couple of shots of the frame & the (I think) Deutz F6L engine:
DSC02433_zpsb30199d1.jpg

DSC02434_zpsafe2e0d4.jpg

DSC02436_zpsced0fbe0.jpg

I didn't have any good references for the interior of Vigili del Fuoco vehicles from the 1980s, so I went with what Italeri suggested:
DSC02438_zps81ccade1.jpg

DSC02437_zpsccc2d0cc.jpg

And a couple of shots of the body in primer. It will eventually be Testors Model Masters Italian Red (seems logical):
DSC02439_zps6b527cae.jpg

DSC02440_zps678935d8.jpg

Well, there you have it. Any suggestions are, of course, welcome; and I'll keep you up to date as I progress.

• 3 years later...

So, this one has been sitting on the Shelf of Shame for a good long time now.  Figured it was a good time to get it finished up.

I've since discovered that it's an IVECO 140 25, not a 190 26.  I really don't know what those designations mean.

20171022_141143.jpg

20171022_170334.jpg

Edited by Jim B

• 3 weeks later...