Model Cars Magazine Forum

Learning

low and mean

Hi..low and mean , you have it , you are just a few steps away for having a complete diorama , just add a few figures a few more details on walls , and you have complete a great diorama..send us more photos as you do more progress.............Be Happy ......Barbo.

It looks like you are on the right track, and like Barbo said, adding some detail to the walls will bring this dio closer to being done. When I did my first garage dio, I took several car mags and looked at the ads in there, they usually have great looking cars in smaller pictures. I cut them out and used 3M spray glue on the back of the pics and attached them to the walls. I probably went a "little" overboard with my pics on the walls, but it was my first dio also... Take a look at what some pics do for the dio as a whole....

GarageDiorama.jpg

100_1495.jpg

I hope this helps you out....

STEVE ALLEN

Hi Low n mean,

Looks like your on your way to a neat dio. It also looks like it is going to be a "working garage" so remember to make it look "worked-in". The pics on the walls are a great idea, also add a touch of realism by strategically placing some oil droppings and dirt or dust on the floor. Black wash for the oil with a little grimy black paint and some pastels for the dust will do the trick.

As you can see here, the sweeper has not gotten to the floor yet.

garage2004021.jpg

You will also notice that the parts and boxes around the dio are in slight dissarray. This is more pleasing to the viewers eyes. Rather than having everything in perfect little piles and placed squarely on the work benches, they look more like they are being "used" when they are slightly off.

garage2004016.jpg

You don't need to go as "cluttered" as I do. My goal was to create a "hobby garage" that is constantly being used by a family for things other than just working on cars.

Keep it fun and good luck with the garage.

• 3 weeks later...