Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Jaguar E-type to be reissued!

https://shops.supreme.de/toys2day/modellbau-model-kits/revell%C2%AE-modellbausatze-autos/revell-18-jaguar-e-type-xk-e-neu-ovp-versiegelt-07390-limitiert-exklusiv/

Just learned about it, I knew it was going to happen soon, but here it is. Even though it says limited, it probably will also be brought to the general market soon.

Not sure yet if I find 90 euro's expensive.

A previous issue in 2003 was £50 (I bought one then from Hamleys in London), so I guess that 90 euros isn't too bad. The second hand values seemed to have gone a bit silly recently, so I reckon that this new release will sell pretty well.

"The kit has been produced exclusively in an one-time-only edition for our customer toys2day and can be ordered there directly." :huh:

One can read that many different ways, I am quite sure, after this one-time-only-and-never-to-be-seen-again edition, Revell will soon come-up with a normal release.

They have re-issued that kit many-many,many times, so they will.

@Paul, now you mention it, I think I paid around 75 euro's for the last edition. 90 isn't that bad and it is even cheaper than the 1/8 Citroen from Heller.

Edited by The Creative Explorer

90 isn't that bad and it is even cheaper than the 1/8 Citroen from Heller.

If only the Jag kit was as detailed as that Citroen though! Most of the inaccuracies and omissions can be dealt with (e.g. missing structure ahead of the rear suspension, and total absence of the underbonnet closing panels), but the incorrect shaping of the headlamp bezels would be trickier to sort out.

how about the detail on this kit then?..i'm just nearly finishing the 1/8 65 Corvette and that really is nothing more than an oversized 1/24-25 kit..

that's how it builds up anyway

The Jag has opening doors, windows that wind up and down, working front suspension, and pretty good engine / ancillary detail. However an oversized 1:24 / 25 model is a good description for much of the rest of this kit, although some items are moulded much more in scale due to the larger size (e.g. the wire wheels). It is a good basis for detailing though.

Edited by Paul H

The Jag has opening doors, windows that wind up and down, working front suspension, and pretty good engine / ancillary detail. However an oversized 1:24 / 25 model is a good description for much of the rest of this kit, although some items are moulded much more in scale due to the larger size (e.g. the wire wheels). It is a good basis for detailing though.

Paul; I think you misread his post, although he is not very clear of what he is trying to say.

It had nothing to do with the Jaguar, he only wanted to point out that the C2 Corvette in 1/8 scale is very simplified and looks like a small-scale kit enlarged.

Personally, I love the E-type kit; I have built 2 so far and have 5-7 laying around, waiting to be build. Don't forget the kit is as old as the real car! It is nicely detailled and gives you all the basic building bricks to create a masterpiece from it.

It is not like those 1/8 Monograms that lack serious detail and cut a lot of corners. For sure it isn't a Pocher either, but for what it is, what it costs, it is a very nice kit.

When working on it, one seriously feels like working on a small real car.

@Casey, not Revell AG, at least not that I am aware of, but since they are back to Revell USA, things could've changed again.

However, I still believe we will see this kit being re released again soon. It has to be :) And if not within the next year, it certainly will in the next 5 years.

12 left now after I bought mine.

Just now, they have again 18 pc. for sale: Price has risen from 89,95 to 99,98 !

(Talk about supply and demand...)

Restzeit: 21T 18Std (19. Feb. 2014 10:16:44 MEZ)

Stückzahl:

18 verfügbar / 46 verkauft 18 available/46 sold

Preis:EUR 99,98

(inkl. MwSt.)

Sofort-Kaufen

111 Beobachter

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody is already trying to pull a leg: http://link.marktplaats.nl/774872025

Actually, that one somebody is quite a hustler on modelkits, most of his kits are made of gold or so he thinks.

Ahh yes, looks like the European cousin of PJ Toys. Does he take apart kits and sell the parts individually for crazy prices?

Edited by Austin T

This other 1/8 Bandai - Imai version might have been better (supposedly motorized with opening hatch) but I have no experience with it, or know if it's from the same tooling as Revell/Monogram. Ultra-rare and expensive.

Picture50_zpse46b5dfa.png

Anyone know about it?

EDIT: Hmm. This seems to indicate that the Revell/Monogram kit is a simplified re-do of the originals.

http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4166&start=0&sid=3a521cb45902deaeb4d525ae44970e9c

Edited by sjordan2

Somebody is already trying to pull a leg: http://link.marktplaats.nl/774872025

Actually, that one somebody is quite a hustler on modelkits, most of his kits are made of gold or so he thinks.

i actually know this guy..in reality he's not that bad..but knows about prices...and what people are willing to spend..

i did do a couple of really great deals with him ,with some 1/18 diecast cars ,he even got me a Autoart e30 M3 for 20 euro's less than what it cost in other shops..

he sort of makes a living by selling /trading kits and models and always answers his E mails and phonecalls...something that can't be said about other people..nowadays..but a hustler? ...naah..

Personally, I love the E-type kit; I have built 2 so far and have 5-7 laying around, waiting to be build. Don't forget the kit is as old as the real car! It is nicely detailled and gives you all the basic building bricks to create a masterpiece from it.

It is not like those 1/8 Monograms that lack serious detail and cut a lot of corners. For sure it isn't a Pocher either, but for what it is, what it costs, it is a very nice kit.

When working on it, one seriously feels like working on a small real car.

x2. That E-Type and the Big Deuce have been two of my favorites forever.

I'd have guessed from the chronology that the Monogram kit appeared first, and if the tooling has anything in common, the Imai kit might have been the one derived. Never heard of any 1:8 E-Type with an opening hatch! Would be very interested in knowing more about that Imai...

This other 1/8 Bandai - Imai version might have been better (supposedly motorized with opening hatch) but I have no experience with it, or know if it's from the same tooling as Revell/Monogram. Ultra-rare and expensive.

Anyone know about it?

EDIT: Hmm. This seems to indicate that the Revell/Monogram kit is a simplified re-do of the originals.

http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4166&start=0&sid=3a521cb45902deaeb4d525ae44970e9c

Correct, the biggest difference is the rear door, it opened with the Imai, but it doesn't no more. Not without work.

I do like that the call me in your link 'someone who knows what he's doing' hahaha. Kinda funny to see your work elsewhere.

@Heinz; I don't know him personally, but I know his hustling, not my cup of tea. Sure, one needs to live of something, but heis pulling legs to enrich himself. Maybe because you know him personally, you got a deal. But tell me honestly, getting a kit or 2 for 89,95 and put them directly for sale at 250 is not hustling? That is ripping off.

Edited by The Creative Explorer