Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 Oldsmobile F-85 Wagon Mild Custom

W-409

Thanks Everyone for the kind comments! I appreciate them a lot. :)

The paint turned out better than I expected. This was my first time using Tamiya Spray Paints, and it was really different from the regular Maston Sprays that I use. The paint came out with more pressure, but I got the hang of it really fast. Also the paint job turned out very good straight from the Spray Cans, so polishing was a bit easier to do.

Harry mentioned the opened tailgate window... That was one detail I thought I should add, because when I get the Boat and Trailer combo done, I'll install Water Skis hanging out of that window. Originally I thought about a surf board, but that would be too heavy for that acetate window.

These unique subjects are a lot of fun to build. Same thing with older kits, somehow it's a different feeling when you're building a 40 year-old kit compared to new kit. I also like Longroofs a lot. B)

Thanks!!!

Thanks Fellas!

I'm glad you like it, and I'm really happy how it came out. Next I'll probably finish my '62 Impala Super Stock that is not far away from completed. I just need to polish the body, put BMF on and do the final assembly. B)

Thanks For The Kind Words! :)

Chuck: Yep, I would do that, too. I would like to build at least one more Custom from this kit and of course there would be other possibilities, too. Actually it's the same thing with all Jo-Hans as I'd like to hoard them, too.