Model Cars Magazine Forum

inkjet decal...what type of clearcoat?

on eBay I bought what I assumed to be inkjet stickers and this is the first time I've ever worked with aftermarket decals and I'm not sure what type of clear coat to use I usually always spray testers 1 coat of lacquer clear coat but I don't know if this will tear up the inkjet decals or make the colors run but as I understand lacquer clear coat is easier on stuff Than enamel ...please any suggestions

I hope I didn't ruin this car. As when I got the decals I just brushed on decal set and put them on the body and let dry. Was I supposed to spray them with something first? I'm lost like I said I've never used anything aftermarket before so I just installed them like any other decal

Most likely the maker has sprayed them with something after printing them ,

If you can get in touch with this person too see if he used lacquer or enamel...

I've never tried to remove the film with out clearing first so I don't know if its possible or not..

If you are wanting to clear the model you might test a scrap piece to see if your clear effects his clear ... Hope this helps in some way lol...