Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Dodge Charger Restoration

RandyB.

Instead of building a bunch of new models which space is beginning to get scarce....I thought I would fix up a few of my older builds and bring them up to my building standard of today. I did a bunch of rebuilds a few years ago and I liked the way they turned out. So this AMT 1971 Dodge Charger R/T is the first of many I will do over the winter.This one didn't need too much work but some other ones I have will require extensive rebuilding I foiled over the silver paint and added some Fireball Modelworks tire decals. Have a look at the before and after.

Before

AMT1971DodgeChargerRTf_zps9be464ee.jpg

After

AMT1971DodgeChargerRTa_zps4eeb575b.jpg

Before

AMT1971DodgeChargerRT_zps63025a02.jpg

After

AMT1971DodgeChargerRTb_zps8fcf92cb.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

That turned out really good. It was really nice before the updating, too, but it's much better now. Gorgeous paint job and clean BMF work. I really like this one.

I've never rebuilt my builds. Once I took apart my '57 Fairlane (My second build ever), but it got stalled almost immediately and it has been sitting like that in its box for a long time now. I decided that I will restore it just like I built it the first time. I like to see how my skills have improved during the years. :) But I find nothing wrong with updating old builds, either, especially when you did this fine job.