Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey everyone, I promised pics and now I deliver. Heres my 352 from the reissue. It's built mosly out of the box, but I did scratchbuild a tuck n' roll headliner that mimicks the original. Its green inside and out. since this was my first COE, I got frustrated at the cab hinges, so it doesn't tilt to show off the 8v-71. I used a tip from Tim's website by foiling the Peterbilt ovals, coloing with a sharpie and then sanding. I made the PA liscense plate on the computer.

model001.jpg

model002.jpg

Great looking truck, nice job. Interesting color choice too, it fits the truck well.

I've never had good luck with truck kits tilting hoods or cab, I usually end up gluing them shut or leaving them loose so I can just remove it to see the engine detail.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

A nice build well done.

I built my Peterbilt 352 years ago and I had a real tough time tring to get the cab and bumber to fit right and the cab to tilt right.

I ended up with my cab slightly to the left and the grill scrapes when the cab is tilted back anfd forth.

I still don't understand why Peterbilt let the air cleaner pipe go up through the cab.

A great job on your truck. Well done.

Cheers

John Wilson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...