Model Cars Magazine Forum

The beautiful insanity continues. So, Ben, are you going to do something like a gloss black or custom color or what on the frame? BTW, I like how you have the rods sitting across between the upper control arms and the frame rails. Nice way to keep it good and square until everything is completely dialled in.

Edited because I can't spell sometimes. :D

Edited by Skydime

The beautiful insanity continues. So, Ben, are you going to do something like a gloss black or custom color or what on the frame? BTW, I like how you have the rods sitting across between the upper control arms and the frame rails. Nice way to keep it good and square until everything is completely dialled in.

Edited because I can't spell sometimes. :D

Im thinking a matte finish on the frame

nom nom nom what a progress awsome scratching !!!

Thank u sir

With the last two pics, I can almost hear the "psssssst". I really like how you used those pins to hold the spindle to the ball joints. I've lost my ever loving mind...I just made a statement about actual ball joints on a 1:25 scale model. :blink:

Ben, I don't know what you have planned to put in those wheel sleeves. But it would be so cool if you found or made some of those old cheap "wagon wheels" American Racing used to make, color match or black them, and slide them in those sleeves.

Edited by Skydime

With the last two pics, I can almost hear the "psssssst". I really like how you used those pins to hold the spindle to the ball joints. I've lost my ever loving mind...I just made a statement about actual ball joints on a 1:25 scale model. :blink:

Ben, I don't know what you have planned to put in those wheel sleeves. But it would be so cool if you found or made some of those old cheap "wagon wheels" American Racing used to make, color match or black them, and slide them in those sleeves.

Thanks bro im really tryin to take these trucks to the next level n i figured what better way thrn a posable suspension n working bags ;) as far as the rims i have another one off set planned for them

Thanks bro im really tryin to take these trucks to the next level n i figured what better way thrn a posable suspension n working bags

Wait, they actually work? :o I thought you were just pressing o-rings flat with your fingers. :blink: Dude, you have gots (yes, I said gotS) to start building 1:1s! That is, unless you do and we just don't get to see em here.

Edited by Skydime

Yep they actually work bro.....i started working on 1:1's when i was a kid itd what drove this passion of mine n started following my dreams of bein a custom painter n airbrush artist not to long after i got into this mag many yrs ago i dont do it much anymore (got tired of living off of ramen noodles) but i still do it every now n again n im currently working on my 53 chevy 3100 pickup 1:1

very cool stuff makes my build skill feel very mediocre if that lol

luvs are very hard to get now even the junker ones!

Thanks lol...we all have to start somewhere keep at it i surprise myself all the time still ......yeah they r hard to track down i got a package deal that had this one in it