Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:24 71 Lincoln MK III, Shipping Now!

Porscheman

Hey Al. That's a pretty nice looking replica but does the roof look a tad low ? It does to me. Anyway, I could never bring myself to spend that much on one item. I would think how much more could I get for the same money but that's just me. Is that the only choice to get a replica of that car ?

Ray, I don't know, but I think it's pretty close. They were pretty massive cars and known for their low slung top as shown here.

I think there was a 1:43 white metal handbuilt done a couple of years ago, with a super high price tag of about $500.00. This is the only one made in 1:24. The red one has 500 copies for $299.00, Bronze has 100 copies at $399.00 and the triple black has 50 copies at $499.00. All come with removable sunroof panel. As an owner of 2 1:1 MK's this is a gotta have for me, even at that price tag. I've been looking for a 1:1, at a reasonable price locally for a while. I would even put my Porsche up for trade.

Al

Here's a picture of the $399. in Bronze.

Edited by Porscheman

Sigh............I wish there was a plastic glue kit of this. :( I learned to drive in a '69 just like the model. Ours was burgundy with a black vinyl roof------man that car could get up and go! To my eyes (and memory), that roofline on the model looks dead on accurate to me. I just wish the price wasn't so dern high!

Sigh............I wish there was a plastic glue kit of this. :( I learned to drive in a '69 just like the model. Ours was burgundy with a black vinyl roof------man that car could get up and go! To my eyes (and memory), that roofline on the model looks dead on accurate to me. I just wish the price wasn't so dern high!

You and me both, Bill. My Dad had a Black on White Vinyl, with White high backed "Twin Comfort Lounge" Seats, with all options except Sunroof and Electric Eye. It was the first car of his that I actually drove. This '69 is as close to it as I can find on the web.

1969_Lincoln_Continental_Mark_III.JPG

And yes I would love to build a model of one.

I had one as well, 20k mile '71 in Bright Aqua with white top and interior (rare color combo, Marti report said only 117 made):

12355489005_9547d84110_z.jpg

Unfortunately it had sat for nearly twenty years, plus it spent its life in Pacific Palisades so all the pot metal had to be replaced. Got it running and (sort of) driving, found most of the chrome on a car in the Sun Valley Pick-a-Part, then went broke again as usual and sold it to a friend who sank a lot more money into making a reliable driver out of it.

As I've mentioned before, Dennis Doty once told me AMT was going to make a Mark III for its '69 kit lineup, but it didn't happen. Wonder how far they got with the tooling?

One thing about the diecast: It should have very narrow whitewalls, like about 1/2" (my car had four of the five original tires).

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I know, let's all chip in and buy 3D printer.

Al, my post wasn't meant as a smart aleck remark. A lot of quality resin assembly kits have their origins in diecast models. A 1:1 like this will probably never be produced as a styrene kit, so this is a viable alternative.

Sorry if you took it that way.

Edited by jeffs396

Al, my post wasn't meant as a smart aleck remark. A lot of quality resin assembly kits have their origins in diecast models. A 1:1 like this will probably never be produced as a styrene kit, so this is a viable alternative.

Sorry if you took it that way.

Jeff, I didn't mean it as a joke either. Their is a guy in our club (NNL East guys), who just did a 39 Graham Paige shark nose in 1:25 , using a 3 D printer and it's beautiful. If he brings it Saturday I'll get pictures and post the here. Your going to love them!!!

Jeff, I didn't mean it as a joke either. Their is a guy in our club (NNL East guys), who just did a 39 Graham Paige shark nose in 1:25 , using a 3 D printer and it's beautiful. If he brings it Saturday I'll get pictures and post the here. Your going to love them!!!

Would that be Mr. Raab? ;)

Alan does great work, wish he did this full-time...

Back to your Lincoln though, why couldn't say ten guys split the $299 so at $30 your investment would be minimal. Disassemble & make enough changes to the body and associated parts as to not infringe on the model manufacturers rights, and have someone like Alan add it to their catalog. Very doable!

One of my favorite Lincolns, they screwed one up but good on Fast'n'Loud.

-MJS

Your right ! I saw that episode and thought the car looked much better before they did the metal work to the fenders and those silly tires and wheels. That car was too nice to do that to. IMO

I held two prototypes in my hands personally. When the production version arrives at my house I will be writing a review for the LCOC and perhaps for AACA as well which I can copy here if you lke. As one can imagine looking at the photo, these are really spectacular models. Yes, they are very expensive and they lack mechanical details, but I would suggest they are otherwise a better model in every way than their Danbury or Franlin Mint prececessors, if no other reason than because their dimentions are spot on and the paint work is superior to the others. I do not think you would regret such a purchase.

Eric

Edited by Eric Macleod

• 1 month later...