Model Cars Magazine Forum

New tuck'n roll interiors

Thanks for the kind words guys! At this point I have around 5 or 6 of each interior left in stock; and I do not think that the molds will hold out for too much longer. They are decent right now; but I wanted to give anyone who might still be on the fence a heads up in case they wait too long. I will probably cast a few more up and see where things stand. I made the molds back in 2014 so I can't complain.

Ed, what is your website?  Was it the old Drag City Casting?  I couldn't find any reference to these interiors.

I just thought I would show you guys (who have purchased interiors from me) how I attach the door handles and window cranks to the door panels. The photos here show a personal build ('40 Ford coupe) that I have slowly been working on for years; but the method would be the same. I also thinned out the door handles and window cranks to make them look more accurate; and stand off of the door panels.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks Ed for the pic's on the door handle nice set up for mounting on the door panels... For those of you that have not ordered the tuck and roll seats I can tell you that the casting are great nice and clean , no flash any where .... I love my 57 interior kit from ED

Thanks Mike! One thing I just noticed the other day is that there is a slight fitment issue with the mounting tabs on the front seat for the '57 Chevy interior. My molds are getting older; and the plug for the front seat in both molds must be flexing just enough to allow the width between the mounting tabs to become a hair shorter. I think I may have found a remedy for that.  Basically, the front seat won't drop right into the mounting holes in the kit supplied floor pan now. So, you will either need to open up the slots in the floor pan a hair on each side; sand the mounting tabs down (on the inside surface), or remove them from the bottom of the seat all together. Other than that, I cannot see any other issues with the front seat. I just thought I would let you guys know what I discovered so you didn't think I goofed up some how! LOL!

Edited by krassandbernie

• 2 weeks later...

I received my '57 Chevy interior pieces from Ed and they are really nice, should make the model stand out.  The service I received from Ed was top notch, prompt and the pieces were perfect.  If you are remotely thinking about getting any of these interiors, get them before they aren't available.

I just thought I would show you guys (who have purchased interiors from me) how I attach the door handles and window cranks to the door panels. The photos here show a personal build ('40 Ford coupe) that I have slowly been working on for years; but the method would be the same. I also thinned out the door handles and window cranks to make them look more accurate; and stand off of the door panels.

pics074-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

WOW,,,,,

I could go for a bunch  of  just the window cranks, door handles and arm rests.  They could  really bring some early annuals interiors to life

Edited by gtx6970

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone would like to snag another one of these interiors while I still have some left; or has not been able to spare the funds I would be willing to do some horse trading for any of the kits listed below. I know that a few of the kits are worth more than the 'average' kit; so I would be willing to work something out in that event. I thought this way I might be able to help some of you out; and we can both make out.

AMT ’69 Chevelle SS (early issues 2212, 6567, 6202, or older)

AMT ’62 Impala convertible

AMT ’69 Hurst Olds

AMT ’70 Corvette (kit #6218)

AMT ’70 Super bee (stock version…….#6117 or latest box art issue)

AMT ’68 Road Runner (kit #6515)

AMT ’70 Chevelle (kit #8940 or older)

AMT ’72 Chevelle (older the better)

AMT ’67 Mustang fastback (stock issue)

AMT ’68 Shelby GT500 Mustang (#6541)

AMT ’65 Mustang fastback

AMT ’66 Nova

AMT ’62 Impala Bel Air (#8716)

AMT ’67 Fairlane (not the new tooled ’66 427 or GTA)

Revell ’68 Hurst Hemi Dart

Revell ’67 GTX

Revell ’69 Baldwin Motion Corvette

Revell ’70 ½ Baldwin Motion Camaro

Revell ’62 Corvette (stock issue)

Revell ’69 Z28 Camaro

Pro Modeler ’59 Corvette

MPC ’67 GTO (older issue molded in blue #6318 or #1-0730)

MPC ’70 GTO

MPC ’69 Charger 500 (#6284)

Johan ’70 Olds Cutlass

Johan ’69 Road Runner

If anyone would like to snag another one of these interiors while I still have some left; or has not been able to spare the funds I would be willing to do some horse trading for any of the kits listed below. I know that a few of the kits are worth more than the 'average' kit; so I would be willing to work something out in that event. I thought this way I might be able to help some of you out; and we can both make out.

AMT ’69 Chevelle SS (early issues 2212, 6567, 6202, or older)

AMT ’62 Impala convertible

AMT ’69 Hurst Olds

AMT ’70 Corvette (kit #6218)

AMT ’70 Super bee (stock version…….#6117 or latest box art issue)

AMT ’68 Road Runner (kit #6515)

AMT ’70 Chevelle (kit #8940 or older)

AMT ’72 Chevelle (older the better)

AMT ’67 Mustang fastback (stock issue)

AMT ’68 Shelby GT500 Mustang (#6541)

AMT ’65 Mustang fastback

AMT ’66 Nova

AMT ’62 Impala Bel Air (#8716)

AMT ’67 Fairlane (not the new tooled ’66 427 or GTA)

Revell ’68 Hurst Hemi Dart

Revell ’67 GTX

Revell ’69 Baldwin Motion Corvette

Revell ’70 ½ Baldwin Motion Camaro

Revell ’62 Corvette (stock issue)

Revell ’69 Z28 Camaro

Pro Modeler ’59 Corvette

MPC ’67 GTO (older issue molded in blue #6318 or #1-0730)

MPC ’70 GTO

MPC ’69 Charger 500 (#6284)

Johan ’70 Olds Cutlass

Johan ’69 Road Runner

66nova

• 2 years later...

I thought I would pop in here to let you guys know that I remolded the '50 Olds tuck'n roll interior again. It has been 6 years since I came out with it! I only made one set of molds this time (instead of two); so once they're gone this time I don't foresee a third round. The cost is $20.00 plus shipping. I also still have a limited number of '57 Chevy and '57 Ford tuck'n roll interiors left. Those will surely be going off-line for a while if not for good at this point in time. There are a handful of new items just added to my Fotki albums that are now available in my product line. Feel free to drop me a line if you are interested in anything or if you have any questions. Thanks! Ed

tucknrollOldsseat003-vi.jpg
tucknrollOldsseat007-vi.jpg
tucknrollOldsseat030-vi.jpg
DSC_0931vi-vi.jpg

DSCN1470vi-vi.jpg
DSCN1469vi-vi.jpg

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/member_dealer_directory/drag-city-casting-/

Edited by krassandbernie