Model Cars Magazine Forum

New tuck'n roll interiors

I haven't posted here in a while since coming out with the tuck'n roll interior for the Revell '50 Olds coupe kit a while back. I wanted to give you guys an update on what I've been working on lately. I just came out with a tuck'n roll interior for the Revell '57 Ford and '57 Chevy kits. Each interior comes with separate arm rests, window cranks, and door handles....although not seen in these photos. You can drop me a line at lowcab36@epix.net for the Fotki links to view more photos of each of these interiors; or answer any questions you might have.

Thanks! Ed

Drag City Casting

post-4681-0-00788400-1391473460_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-67292900-1391473518_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-65008800-1391473565_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-17862700-1391473593_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-47874000-1391473630_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-85271600-1391473684_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-67372200-1391473713_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-42592600-1391473753_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-80972300-1391473806_thumb.jp

post-4681-0-55179300-1391473843_thumb.jp

Thanks Tom! The only part of the original (kit) door panels that I used was the trim piece at the top for each interior. The rest of the door panels are completely scratch built. To give you an idea of how many pieces are involved...........the small '40 Ford coupe door panels I am working on for a personal project will be made up of 38 pieces (counting window cranks and door handles......no arm rests) by the time I am done......and that is just one side. The front and rear seats for the Chevy interior had to be cut apart; and the front seat needed lots of work to make the pleats line up.....had to straighten out the sides of the seat back before I could do anything else. It's almost more time consuming then it's worth! LOL!

• 1 month later...

For all the accolades on these new interiors there seems to be very little interest in them. At least in actually ordering them anyway. I didn't quite expect either of these interiors to move as well as the '50 Olds interior did; but did not think they'd be total duds. Unless something changes I honestly do not see myself coming out with any other interiors at this point. I have anywhere from 17-23 days straight into making each interior.......and that is all I am working on during this time...one interior at a time.....no time is being spent in the shop when I am doing master work or whatever I am working on ends up not finished in a timely manner. I kind of wish I didn't just spend another $80.00 in Evergreen! LOL!

Anyway, if anyone is interested yet I have 4 or 5 of each of these currently cast up..........so no waiting period! To those of you who already ordered one of them I thank you for your support! Maybe I'll actually see one of them being put to use someday!

Ed

Edited by krassandbernie

Jim, shoot me an e-mail and I can get back to you easier/faster. I don't log in here every day.

Richard, I am sorry to say it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it to the NNL East this spring. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to order any of these interiors while the molds are still 'young'. I am probably not going to be making new molds of this stuff once they've run their course...........unless sales were exceptional; which hasn't been the case.

btw, I use to sell on eBay until sales dropped off way too much..........and it started costing me money to keep a store open. Same deal with my web site; which is no longer up due to the cost. I have my stuff posted up on Fotki for the time being.

Ed

• 1 year later...

Due to the lack of interest in the custom tuck'n roll interiors I have been offering I have decided not to waste my time mastering any more unless it is for a specific project. I will not be remolding either of these after the molds are used up. I am willing to drop the price down to $20.00 (each)... (plus shipping) on BOTH interiors if  you get your order in soon. Both interiors come with door handles, window cranks, and arm rests.

Thanks! Ed

'57 Ford (Revell) interior

Modeled after this interior:

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Comparison between the stock (kit) interior and my tuck'n roll interior

Hosted on Fotki

'57 Chevy interior:

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Just wanted to say that Ed's castings are hands-down some of the best I've seen. I've purchased several pieces from him over the last couple of years and have always been nothing but blown away by his quality and professionalism. In fact, I have him working on a special project for me as I type this. A++ for sure!

Thanks for the kind words guys! At this point I have around 5 or 6 of each interior left in stock; and I do not think that the molds will hold out for too much longer. They are decent right now; but I wanted to give anyone who might still be on the fence a heads up in case they wait too long. I will probably cast a few more up and see where things stand. I made the molds back in 2014 so I can't complain.