Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Dodge Polara Fast Top Finished

Mopar - D

Gotcha! The valley plate is missing. There's an actual tin plate that lies under the manifold.

I'm assembling a RG small block right now. If you prepare everything they look great. Looking forward to seeing more updates on this cool build.

BTW: About your build. On a personal note, when I was 16 I totaled a borrowed `67 Polara around a telephone pole with me & my girlfriend walking away from a badly managed car. I look at your model and it's a sobering reminder of how lucky we were that night. The friend who owned the car forgave me…. the girlfriends parents didn't like me to begin with…. and my parents wanted to kill me. NYS DMV had a clerical error and never recored the summons from that night as I had no license. I got my license the next year without any restrictions. That night we won the lottery in many ways.

Thanks for the reminder. It's good to be humbled once in a while. Believe me, what happened that night changed me.

Did it come with one? I've got a 440 six pac awaiting its turn that I don't think has a valley pan? Unless it's moulded to the intake maybe. Should be an easy fix though.

The six-pack manifold is a full bottom manifold. The 4 bbl. manifold it a high rise and theres a gap under it.

Just slice a thin piece of plastic and slip it under just far enough to cover what you see.