Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 MUSTANG PRO MOD..updates 06/30/14

tyrone

What's up fellas... this will be my next pro mod build after the lx stang, and the outlaw camaro are finished.. I got some new bodies from Flashpoint a few weeks ago.. I got this one the 41 willys, 63 vette, and a daytona body.. this should be a fun year.. thanks for looking and comments welcome..

026.jpg

025.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks for all the kind words fellas.... I really appreciate it.... they are all encouraging... well I've messing around with this one yesterday and the cage is almost done... I added 4 link brackets from dirt modeler.. the rest is styrene rod... I'm pretty happy with how it turned out... I feel a little more confident with these tube chassis... that is beginning to be one of my favorite parts of building these.... here's a few mock up pics.. thanks for looking and comments welcome......

t-dog001.jpg

t-dog002.jpg

t-dog014.jpg

t-dog012.jpg

t-dog010.jpg

Tyrone... I admire your work so much. This is going to be another killer build. You sure have these chassis down pat. Every time I see your build it makes me want to start my Pro Mod build. I still would love to see what you would do to a 1/16th scale pro mod. The detail you do in these 1/25th scale build is incredible and think you would hit a grand slam in 1/16th scale. Love your work brother!

Promodty (pro-MOD-tie)...its a new word here for the forums and has the emphasis on the last syllable. Each pro mod you build gets better than the last and I just don't know how you could make them better and then....BAM...you do. Awesome work as usual, actually better than before.

Edited by gasser59

tyrone any new updates on your wonderful build

No not yet Henry.... spent last night sanding the resin Ross Gibson blown hemi I'll be using trying to get everything ready.. may have some updates later tonight.... we have another winter blast headed our way so hopefully I'll have some time the next few days...

The winter blast is in full effect here... everything is closed.. some people without power... but thankfully we are good... getting ready to eat some breakfast and work on models all day... perfect day for it...lol....updates later today...lol....

No not yet Henry.... spent last night sanding the resin Ross Gibson blown hemi I'll be using trying to get everything ready.. may have some updates later tonight.... we have another winter blast headed our way so hopefully I'll have some time the next few days...

Nice to see you'll be putting a blower motor in this one!! I'll be watching!!

The winter blast is in full effect here... everything is closed.. some people without power... but thankfully we are good... getting ready to eat some breakfast and work on models all day... perfect day for it...lol....updates later today...lol....

Lucky!!!!

I mean the staying home working on models part, not that garbage falling out of the sky!!!!

Edited by DrKerry