Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone built one of the Revell 1/16 Pontiac Firebirds (3rd gen)?

I built the original ones shown in the box art photos, (did the Camaro's too). They went together fine, but as I recall the bodies are a bit fiddly due to the opening doors, still not too fragile. Use common care and sense and they build into nice models.

Edited by Scale-Master

• 2 weeks later...

I built the 82 firebird & it went together ok. I cut the roof for the T-tops & the t-top brace was alittle tricky. I do agree with Scale Master about the body being alittle flimsy due to the opening doors. Its not a bad kit as long as your careful & patient. I have another 82 still new in the box that has to be done. I want to build it as a Knight Rider but I cant find the Knight Rider parts that I need.

Just take it step by step & you should have a nice model. Goodluck with the build.

I have the 87 GTA in 1/16th but I need to find a replacement body. The body it came with is badly wrapped. I doubt that one will get built.This is the one with opening hood, doors, & I think the hatch.

I may have to break out my 82 made by MPC & look it over.