Model Cars Magazine Forum

FnF Supra FULL DETAIL build ALL DONE! In Under Glass

Kennyboy

Found this Fast and the Furious Supra at a local swapmeet/show for $10 unbuilt. Always wanted the car so I bought it. Not to mention, I am building it for the FnF Community build thread.

We all know the shortcomings of the AMT kits and this was no exception! The body was full of pitmarks and you-name-its. I wasn't too worried though, because I had prepared myself for the worst. First order of business was to (of course) open up the hood vents.

P1020616_zpseadd2134.jpg

Next, took to the the horrible pits all over the body (which was so thick anyway) alot of them were just easily sanded out

P1020617_zpsc1311be1.jpg

With that behind me, I was able to get on with the show and do some fun stuff finally.......! The engine, which was mostly ok (and I do only mean mostly) got the first attention last night. The problem with it is the turbo setup made no sense at all....! So I redid it based on the actual pictures of the real car. The turbo was made from solder and the couplers are heatshrink tubing with BMF clamps.

P1020608_zps0f09299c.jpg

P1020623_zps467b51c9.jpg

Seats are next! (No they aren't like this out of the box!......)

P1020621_zpsc15240c0.jpg

P1020626_zps48022c64.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

Awesome start. Keep up the good work

Hey thanks Rob! B) Got the taillights done tonight......the Future is drying right now

Nice start, I've picked up 3 of these ($10 was the most expensive, lol). Looks like an ok kit to start with, not the best, but not the worst either!

Thanks Mike! With the right amount of prep I am going to show that this will look like a Fujimi when I am done. ^_^

Great job so far looks awesome.

Thanks Bob!

Be careful of the front suspension on this kit. I found the upper A-arms aren't very stiff and the spindles pop loose. Depends on if you decide to keep the working steering. Nice work! :)

Thank you Brian for the Heads up! B)