Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Mustang 5.0 LX Drag Racer

bad0210

Does anyone know if the drag version will have drag radials? I saw a post somewhere on here about a gentleman who was making them. Any ideas?

The man you're probably talking about is Chief Joseph, and his company is Fireball Modelworks.

His stuff is very good, it's worth the money!!

Here's the link for the drag Radials: http://www.fireballmodels.info/fmr-030.htm.

Because i saw the built model from Revell at last NNL East and i doubt that there will be grag radials in the kit!

Uh, no, what I did was pose you a question. You trotted out a premise as if it's an absolute:

x2. I had the very same thought. That's WHY we build models. If there's a problem, fix it.

And I showed you how that statement is anything but self-evident. There are a lot of people who just assume that notion and others like it are solid enough to develop the conclusion that people who point out problems in a kit are necessarily lesser as modelers for doing so, and they're demonstrably mistaken about that time and time again.

By the way, did you? In your all-too-typical response, showing who really has a problem with disagreements, did it ever occur to you that maybe you weren't necessarily included in that IQ-dropping scenario?

Or did you just take offense because the shoe fit after all?

Tell ya what there pal. you stick to your ideas, and i'll stick to mine. Save the bovine scatology, I don't want to here it. If your going to use my posts to prove your point, use the WHOLE post, not a fragment. Creative editing? Really? Wow!!! :lol:

Edited by bismarck

Well, looks like this is the deal:

1. Revell has not and will not correct the roof (or the other issues) over a .020 inch difference.
  2. Revell markets the kit.
  3. The MasterCaster markets a correct body (in all respects, but especially noticeable is the CORRECT roof).
  4. If accuracy matters to you, and you want an accurate Fox body Mustang LX notchback, buy the Revell kit and buy the MasterCaster resin correction body. Sure it will cost a little more, but, what price accuracy?
  5. If accuracy does not matter to you but you want a Fox body Mustang LX notchback no matter what, buy the Revell kit and ignore the inaccuracies.
  6. Continued carping about any of this will not change anything.
  7. Above all else, refer to #4 and #5.

Respectfully submitted for your consideration. B)

Agreed. Put a lot more tactfully than I could put it. That frames to a "T" exactly what I wanted to get across be for my unscheduled lecture .It just burns me to have my thread dissected to prolong an argument I have nothing in!!! I like the new drag version, warts and all. And now I'm forced to defend my choice because someone else deems the kit sub-standard? Who started this witch hunt anyway???

Some of you guys just don't care about the inaccuracy of the body, or are willing to either fix it or just live with it.

Some others expect better from a kit manufacturer, and think that obvious mistakes like this kit's body are unacceptable, and the manufacturer needs to get their act together.

Got it.

It's taken seven pages to establish that? :lol:

I guess. I'm in the "I like it, warts and all" camp. I said before that yes, the kit has its issues, and yes, Revell could/ should do something, but as they have said for the umpteenth time. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. With that knowledge in hand, I still want one of these kits. I have the skills to correct the flaws that are there, and won't sweat the ones I can't. Simple, right? Or so I thought..... geeze!!! Can we PLEASE lock this topic now????

It would. if it weren't for the fact that I did nothing wrong in the first place .And with the up coming release of the new lx, are you ready for this debate(minus Me, of coarse) to start all over again? It will happen again , and again ,and again.... I'll just sit back and watch the fireworks. B) Good luck.

Edited by bismarck

Of course I only quoted the problematic part of your post, Kevin. You can't just throw it out that fixing problems is WHY we all build models without expecting a challenge on that, because other people may have other objectives in building models. A fair number, maybe even a majority, are likely to, in fact. And at this point, we're talking more a mistaken assumption than anything "right" or "wrong".

The rest of your post seemed plenty reasonable, enough to give me the idea I could lay out the very specific conditions of that "IQ drop" - that tired, old, constantly refuted idea that people only point out problems 'cause they're either too lazy or totally unable to fix them - without necessarily ensnaring you. 'Cause it's not at all certain that's what you were going for in your post.

Some people, not necessarily you, take grave personal offense to discussion of kit flaws, to the extent that they'll always turn the conversation to personal broadsides. And the thing I always try to keep track of is, that grave offense itself is not wrong. It's a feeling, it has no right or wrong. So if it really just cranks somebody to hear word one about a kit's problems, that in itself is not a personal reflection on him.

Where it does become wrong is to move from that personal impulse to judge your fellow hobbyist and stifle conversation that you deem to be unfit. That's where the fact that there's nothing terribly rational behind all that personal offense becomes a factor. There's really not a lot of that in your initial post, so only you can judge how much of that observation applied to you.

Now as for campaigns to get Revell to fix the body, pffffft - I knew it was jacked in October of '12 and I was 90% sure it was gonna stay jacked. We had the example of the '69 Charger to prop up that 10% uncertainty for a while, but now we have our answer. I'm still gonna get my LX done, I'm just gonna have to set aside a lot more time for it now than I would have under better circumstances.

And I may be on a "campaign" about something here, but it concerns an issue involving a bit more than what personally offends me.

Chuck. I have nothing personal against you or anyone else on this sight. and I probably did over react to your post, and for that I apologize. I don't dissect posts like you do to look for deeper meaning. Daddyfink pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole thing. I don't have my hands on the new LX kit YET. I maybe in your camp about the whole matter in the end. like I said. I over-reacted to the post, and I apologize for that. So if your good, I'm good!! B)

Like I said . I haven't got my hands on the Drag kit yet, so I don't know what I'm in for . There are ALOT of modelers on here with more experience than me who think that body is BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. I just like the subject matter. I used to have to kit bash and scrounge for parts all over the place to build something like this kit , and now its available in one box?? cool!! But from all the bad press this kit is getting, maybe I can order one of those resin bodies and use the chassis as a donor!! B)

I read a post on here somewhere about the fuel tanks on the earlier 69 nova kits being backwards, so I dug into my stash and sure enough!! The release with the drag parts (one of my favorites of course)had the tank wrong. So I dug out the COPO 69 nova kit... Just fine. This is how far behind I am to catching this stuff!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what i seen with this kit pretty good accurate kit. Even though the body has a slight problem but thats ok still buildable. I like to wonder if you can use the Revell 93 Mustang Cobra body for those who wanna build a LX hatchback. I sure would love to get a couple of these kits.

From what i seen with this kit pretty good accurate kit. Even though the body has a slight problem but thats ok still buildable. I like to wonder if you can use the Revell 93 Mustang Cobra body for those who wanna build a LX hatchback. I sure would love to get a couple of these kits.

You may take the AMT or MPC 1988 Mustang GT more than the Revell or Monogram previous editions, since they are in 1/24th scale.

AMT and MPC is 1/25 and i think you can find one at a decent price.

Monogram never tooled a Fox body Mustang in 1/25th scale and the one you're talking about is based on an old Monogram tooling, they're good looking, but you will have more work to do to achieve the conversion.