Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Ford Starliner field find

Baugher Garage

Thanks Bryan!

youre welcome!

i had to come back in and look at it again.

i agree with john too, your weathering is very restrained, very realistic lookin......most weathered builds, and im probably guilty of it too, look like the builder used every technique at his disposal.

i usually just use the salt technique, and mig powders though.... i try to stay away from "overkill"

keep this one goin, im really liking it, ill be watchin this one.

cheers

bryan

Front bench seat is finished. This is my first attempt and making a ratty old seat. I continued to utilize the used tea bags from the kitchen. I have found that this material is ideal for the seat fabric and the seat stuffing, as it's fibers look right at 1:24/25 scale. The seat turned out a little grungier than I hoped, but I don't always know when enough is enough... the seat springs, visible in the holes, are a little too large for scale, but again, my first attempt... just bent some small gauge wire with tweezers. *I'm also keeping all the tea leaves from my wife's various herbal teas - she's saving all her tea bags for me! The various ground up leaves make great dirt, saw dust, etc.

photo15_zps6894b632.jpg

photo16_zps3e0003de.jpg

photo17_zps26ab80df.jpg

photo18_zpsaf2a030e.jpg

photo19_zps821b7fd9.jpg