Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy 210 Del Ray

rmvw guy

This is a car I owned from 1986 to 1998. I sold it for $8,500 to a guy that begged me for over 2 years. My mistake. The best I can do now is have it in 1/25 scale.DSC06429_zps104c6c04.jpgIt has been on the rack since before 1998 when I started it. After making all the mods to turn it into a 210 from an AMT Bel Air, I sprayed it with Dupli- Color Lacquer DAL1677 Gloss Black.DSC04177_zpsf0b68d93.jpgFast forward to 2014. The interior was changed to simulate the classic Del Ray interior. Hubcaps were taken from Revell '56 and engine from AMT '53 Corvette with some modifications like manual trans.DSC06426_zpsa4ba0af9.jpgI took the liberty to leave the trim off in some places the way I always wanted it. The guy I bought it from had just put these pieces on before I got it along with fender skirts.DSC06420_zpsa6b1212e.jpg

Spot on! Ya know, your 1:1 had some nice trim around the fuel filler door. Don't forget that piece! ;-)

Thanks guys. Mike, I did leave some trim pieces off the way I always wanted it. I just didn't want to leave little holes in the full sized car. I actually always prefered the 110 model with even less trim. A lot of those ended up at the drag strip with the bonus of less weight. I never was one for a lot of excessive trim on cars. Notice the pieces of trim on the rockers also, they always reminded me of lake pipes.

Thanks everyone for the overwelming response. Every time I look at the photos I see something else wrong, I've yet to build the perfect model. Over all I am happy to complete this one after well over 16 years I believe.

As a side note; I bought 4 of them in CALIFORNIA when the first issue came out in '89, I flew home on a plane with them as a carry-on, I didn't think they would ever be available here. lol