Model Cars Magazine Forum

Music

chevyfever2009

What types of music do people like and some of the groups names and what are some you don't like? Please remember that each persons has there own taste in music so no putting them down or criticising them for their choice in muisc

Due to everyone talking about the Beatle special I started this topic to see wat people like in music me for one think the Beatles are overrated and aren't talented at all some of muisc I like is bands like alice cooper acdc meat loaf thin lizzy ect and for the newer stuff I listen to alot of rap like 2pac 50 cent dr dre lil wayne trick daddy project pat and some newer rock godsmack disturbed theory of a deadman eveancence

Each to their own, you may not like the Beatles or their music but you can't deny their talent. I'm not a Stevie Wonder fan - but I respect his talent. Personally I like hard rock and psychedelic music, but that goes from Motorhead to Bob Dylan, the Doors, Joplin, Zeppelin, Hawkwind, the Stones, and the Beatles - I could go on! There's a lot of good stuff out there for everyone.

I like a lot of different music. I grew up with the Doors, and a lot of the 60's and early 70's music.I also love some country,mainly female singers,Martina,Carrie,etc... I love The Band Perry and Lady A. Same goes for Pink.So, you see,there is a lot of music I like!!!

Old Country (not this dilluted rock stuff they call it now)

Oldies - Chuck Berry, Beatles, etc..

Classic Rock - Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfood, The Who, ZZ Top, etc..

Rock n Roll - AC/DC, The Supersuckers (look these guys up theyre great), Airbourne (Australian band)

Rockabilly - Reverend Horton Heat, Social Distortion, Nashville P*ssy,

Surf Rock - Dick Dale, etc...

Big Hair Metal - Ratt, Cinderella, Motley Crue, etc..

Metal - Dio, Black Sabbath (newer), Danzig, Godsmack, etc...

Thrash Metal - Anthrax/Slayer/Metallica/Megadeth/Testament (older stuff), Exodus, etc...

Heavy Metal - Motorhead (new stuff) Avenged Sevenfold, Pantera

Death Metal - Testament (newer stuff)

some Punk rock - Misfits

Oh, and I love Unknown Hinson!! dont know him? look him up on youtube!

and I cant forget, Link Wray, king of the wild guitar, and grandfather of the powerchord!

thats just a pinch of what I can remember....

Wow…. my taste are truly frightening! I can go from Tool to Miles Davis….. Slipknot to Alphaville……. Pantera to Cream…..

What do I don't listen to?

Drum machines with people clapping theirs hands…..while bad poetry is babbled.

ANYTHING with a Pedal Steel Guitar in it is forbidden. Sounds like fingernails on a blackboard.

I am all over the map when it comes to music I like all sorts of genres. Pretty much everything but opera and rap/hip hop. But my favorites are punk ska reggae classic rock alternative and jazz. Bands and artists I like

Bob Marley. Peter Tosh. Lana del ray. Phoenix

The Clash. sublime. Sonic youth. Portishead. Jackson Browne. Smashing pumpkins. The cure the Smiths. Pretenders heart. Banana ramma go-gos. Dave Brubeck. Medeskl Martin wood. Chemical brothers. Jethro Tull Atlanta rhythm section. Little river band. Tool megadeth anthrax. Wagner(pronounced vagner classical music) Brian setzer

Told ya I was all over the map and I could keep going I have 240,000 songs on my computer last time I checked that does include my CDs and records it probably be easier to list music I don't like

Edited by mnwildpunk

me for one think the Beatles are overrated and aren't talented at all...

You have got to be kidding. Aren't talented at all? Seriously... I don't even know how to answer that.

Let's put it this way: put aside the hype and "Beatlemania" and the fact that they are probably the single most important music/pop culture phenomenon ever... let's assume you don't buy any of that. Fine. Let's just take a look at what they created. They wrote so many songs in so many different musical styles, and pioneered so many studio innovations and recording techniques, I can't think of any other band or performer that can top what they achieved.

Just take a look at this list:

Blackbird

Act Naturally

Revolution

Something

Helter Skelter

And Your Bird Can Sing

Tomorrow Never Knows

Just a tiny sliver of what they did, but in that short list you have folk, pop, hard rock, psychedelic pop, pop ballad, power pop, even country...an amazing variety of different musical styles, techniques, etc., all written and performed by the same people. Proof that they indeed were incredibly talented.

You may not like their music, but there's no way you can deny that they had immense talent.

Doom 2 soundtrack

not kidding, i can not get enough of this type of music, love video music lately.

you can also check out tai fu and turok 2 soundtracks, some of my other favorites as well as heretic.

Tai fu was one awesome game with some sort of asian techno mix that i can never find anything similar too

some of my favorite model building music as well, can play it over and over.

Edited by Nxr

You have got to be kidding. Aren't talented at all? Seriously... I don't even know how to answer that.

Talent and a persons taste don't always dovetail together. I was born in `58. The Beatles popularity was EPIC when I was growing up. EPIC…. but I don't own a single Beatles album. Never did, probably never will. Just don't like them. Sorry for not following everyone else, but just not "into" them. Granted, Paul was a great Bassist (for the day…) and Lennon/Harrison were great song writers (Ringo always did and will suck as a drummer….). IF you liked what they were writing.

The Stones are another good example. Don't own a single album. Lousy musicians that wrote poplar song's. See this all day long on todays "commercial" radio. Think Lady Gaga is a talent, or well marketed and packaged? Either way, she's selling and I'm not buying.

Growing up all of my friends had older brothers & sisters whom introduced us to musicians at an early age. I started playing Bass at 13, so I was on the look-out for interesting music. While the Bass line in Lady Madonna is cool, Jack Bruce and Tim Bogart was tearing it up BIG TIME on Bass. And that's my personal reason for not liking Beatles either….. the original "Boy Band".

Edited by FASTBACK340

I see we have some other J. Geils fans here. : )

I saw them live supporting the Stones way back in the 1980s, in Bristol. They were good. But the strongest memory is of Mick asking us all to respect the wishes of the residents of the city and leave as quietly as possible once the curfew time was reached, apparently there had been a lot of concern about noise. So we're all dispersing like Mick asked - then the Stones crew started the most monumental firework display that shook Bristol to it's foundations for many long minutes. There were hundreds of complaints from the good citizens, but you just don't tell the Stones to leave quietly!

Apart from that, I'm fed up with people saying the Beatles / Stones / (enter successful band of your choice) were talentless. It takes massive talent and commitment for anyone to write, produce, perform and sell their own material, you have to be deliberately obtuse to deny that. You may not like it, that's another very different matter.

Sorry if I'm getting too passionate on this…. music is an equal love in my life. Always has been, always will be. I know what I like and what I don't like. I break all demographic bounds with my age, tastes, and interests.

Yes, as a musician I can appreciate the talent involved in the entire process and the dedication required. No doubting that at all. Just the end result, for me, is not my taste. Never implied that as a whole there was "no talent". Just what they made with what they had doesn't interest me.

BTW: Don't own a Doors album either. In those early years learning to play Bass, the Doors had no Bassist! Why listen to keyboard Bass lines when I wanted to hear Bass players?

Edited by FASTBACK340