Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

From The Archives

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was looking through some old art of mine and came across these...done in 1985 with Razorpoint marker, Prismacolor markers and colored pencils. It's been so long since I've actually drawn on paper (instead of "drawing" with a mouse on a screen) that I wonder if I still could do it! :lol:

gti.jpg

rx7.jpg

grandam.jpg

Edited by harrypri

Posted · Report post

Beautiful work. You are certainly a talented artist.

Posted · Report post

I bet you could still do it. Great pieces. I don't know why I never noticed your initials are "HP". :D

Posted · Report post

Nice work, Harry! I'll bet you're surprised that I like the GTI, huh? :D I wish I could do even close to that, but I seem to do a lot better with 3D art. I really like how you drew the wheels about 2 sizes too big! B) Now if I could only find a 1:1 set of 16" bottlecaps! :D

Posted · Report post

Nice renderings Harry. They have the feel of brochure illustrations, sketchy but detailed. I'm sure you could still put some nice work on paper. I had been away from it for years and the only thing I got fuzzy on was the process not the mechanics. By that I mean, if I was doing an airbrush piece I would forget about what was the easiest way to pull and replace masks etc. or in watercolor what would happen with certain colors washed over others, if you get my meaning. You never forget perspective, ellipses or general proportioning.

gbritnell