Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro Cafe Style

I've become a "Cafe Racer" junkie, just love the bikes they turn out on the show.

I was checking out my un-built bike kits and came across Tamiya's 1/12th Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro kit#14069.

Proceeded to eliminate parts and brackets, made a wooden buck for the tank, seat and fairing. I cast the seat, tank and exhaust pipes in resin. Then vacuum formed the fairing in clear plastic. Fabricated a couple of mirrors and stuck a R&M 1/24th fuel cap on it.

Here's what it ended up looking like:

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

thans for lookin'...

• 3 weeks later...

Cool bike build of one of the badest bikes around........I say that because if you have ever rode one, you would know what I am talking about. Not this very bike, but the maker. Just received my 1/6th V850 California, now popped by Italeri, was orignally done by Protar.

Kit + ship $300.00, 770 parts, plastic, metal and vinyl........complete working engine, clutch, trans, brakes, levers work what they are attached too. I have built this bike before and it is a very, very demanding project.......but when completed, the center of attention by anyone who spies it. Biggest problem is once they see the brake/clutch levers work, they want too keep fooling with them..... :angry:.

Nice job and I will watch for more of your work.

Rick B)

• 3 weeks later...