Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gonzo's pro built models.

:unsure:Hi does any one here know what happen to the site Gonzo's pro built models. I would go to the sire from time to time to see his builds. His models would show up from time to time on a lot of sites in fact Bandit resin hads one of his builds in his gallery of the Bandit 58 Bel air. The site has been down for a year. If any one knows or has any info please let me know....Rick.

I was a fan of the man's site too. He used to build lot's of resin conversion and lot's of vintage kits, just the kind of kits I like.

I remember he had a pair of original issue '58 Fords superbly built.

He also had multiple builds of the '57 Thunderbird in many different factory colors.

One of his last works was a "Taupe" Oldsmobile.

I inquired a lot about him, and I heard that he passed.

I couldn't confirm this, but everything leads to the truth of the information.

Hi thank you I thought that is may have happen I just did not want to think it. He did have some great builds I thought he was only around 63 anyway he will be missed thanks again...............Rick.

Yes, he will be missed. I used to pay a visit to his site at least once a week to see his builds.

He had great tutorials on airbrushing, on how to choose the right airbrush for the job you want to do, and resin bodies reviews.

I remember a '58 Chevrolet Biscayne he built in red with a resin body and the AMT '58 Impala as a donor kit. Loved that build.

Also a Pink and black '57 Lincoln he built also with a resin body, this time using the AMT '58 Edsel as a donor. Think about tons of BMF on that build.

I want to believe he just got tired of building models and shut the site down, unfortunately I don't think that's what happened.

Hi thank you I thought that is may have happen I just did not want to think it. He did have some great builds I thought he was only around 63 anyway he will be missed thanks again...............Rick.

Try a Google search and see what come up. I am not familiar with the site...

I tried using Internet Archive besides Google in seeing when activity ceased on his site. The latest that there was any activity according to them, was in July of this past year. Now Internet Archive only does a snapshot of the site at that time, not how many times it was updated.

Just the same, any hits after that date take you to the site domain page and not his original website. :(

• 1 year later...

Thank you for your interest in Gonzo's well being. And thank you for supporting him in his life long passion of cars. Whether it was model cars or full size cars, he had a real talent for turning a diamond in the rough into a real gem. He was a brilliantly artistic man and a jack of all trades. Unfortunately my father died from the stress of a broken heart while attending to another passion of his; my mother. My mother struggled with cancer for four years and during that time my dad put every ounce of his effort into caring for my mom and researching alternative ways to save her from the cancer that eventually took both of my parents from our family. Gonzo passed on 4/14/2013 when he realized there was no cure to be had for my moms cancer. My mom followed him to heaven on 4/28/2013. I miss them everyday......

:unsure:Hi does any one here know what happen to the site Gonzo's pro built models. I would go to the sire from time to time to see his builds. His models would show up from time to time on a lot of sites in fact Bandit resin hads one of his builds in his gallery of the Bandit 58 Bel air. The site has been down for a year. If any one knows or has any info please let me know....Rick.

Thank you for your interest in Gonzo's well being. And thank you for supporting him in his life long passion of cars. Whether it was model cars or full size cars, he had a real talent for turning a diamond in the rough into a real gem. He was a brilliantly artistic man and a jack of all trades. Unfortunately my father died from the stress of a broken heart while attending to another passion of his; my mother. My mother struggled with cancer for four years and during that time my dad put every ounce of his effort into caring for my mom and researching alternative ways to save her from the cancer that eventually took both of my parents from our family. Gonzo passed on 4/14/2013 when he realized there was no cure to be had for my moms cancer. My mom followed him to heaven on 4/28/2013. I miss them everyday......