Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat Rod Pete 359

Mark, not sure yet on the paint, my weathering skills are not where I want to be just yet. I may try to weather, but if it is not looking good I will go with just all flat paint. Have a while to go yet now that the frame is coming together have some more fabing to get everything to fit....

really glad I saw this...looks amazing so far...been collecting parts for one for a while.  it is a rat rod so you cant go wrong with weathering...there are many how to's bout weathering here and youtube...I keep a jar with nails n water for real rust.illbe interested in how the interior works out

really glad I saw this...looks amazing so far...been collecting parts for one for a while.  it is a rat rod so you cant go wrong with weathering...there are many how to's bout weathering here and youtube...I keep a jar with nails n water for real rust.illbe interested in how the interior works out

Jeff, have weathered a few military vehicles with the salt method. But that's as far as I have gone.

I want to build a rig similar to Scott's starting with a Flintstone chopped cab in resin.My reservation is that I know less than nothing about those engines.Was there ever a build thread on Scott's truck that I can see that would have photos?

Edited by misterNNL
Misspelled work

I want to build a rig similar to Scott's starting with a Flintstone chopped cab in resin.My reservation is that I know less than nothing about those engines.Was there ever a build thread on Scott's truck that I can see that would have photos?

Tom, on his forum scale model addict he does have a build thread. That is how I got my inspiration. You can check it out there but after photobucket started their issue with third party hosting, none of his photos were showing up the last couple times that I visited it. Let me know if they are not on there.  I have all the photos that were on his thread. In 2013 when I discovered his build I down loaded  all of his pics from that thread. If you can not find them pm me and I will get them to you....

Edited by Darren B

Tom, on his forum scale model addict he does have a build thread. That is how I got my inspiration. You can check it out there but after photobucket started their issue with third party hosting, none of his photos were showing up the last couple times that I visited it. Let me know if they are not on there.  I have all the photos that were on his thread. In 2013 when I discovered his build I down loaded  all of his pics from that thread. If you can not find them pm me and I will get them to you....

I was not able to access those photos.

IMG_8812.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

getting a little work done to this during recuperating, Trying to build the truck Like Scott's is hard as the pics I have do not show the actual attachment points of certain things, so its a guessing game. My front cross member put the engine to far back to hit the cab so had to make some adjustments.  Will fill in the tub, but this is where the engine will have to attach at the front of the frame.

IMG_8809.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_8810.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_8811.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

now to fab up the mounting of the transmission at the rear........................

Great update ! 

When I built devils cut the tranny was really low in back too, but worked our perfect with the read diff allowing a very low stance your appears to be sitting perfect for ! 

Was your pete cab from the snap pete conventional?  I've been planning another rat after watching this based loosely off cut worm specialty builds , just need the right cab and engine for the proper attitude 

Great update ! 

When I built devils cut the tranny was really low in back too, but worked our perfect with the read diff allowing a very low stance your appears to be sitting perfect for ! 

Was your pete cab from the snap pete conventional?  I've been planning another rat after watching this based loosely off cut worm specialty builds , just need the right cab and engine for the proper attitude 

Thanks Jeff, yes the cab and all kit parts come from the revell snap pete conventional kit.