Model Cars Magazine Forum

In A Pickle-Need Input

Have a dilemma and would like some help or suggestions-please! ^_^ Picked up a Trumpeter Amer LaFrance Eagle Pumper from Hobby Lobby for $7. Yes, you read that correctly, $7. It was marked way down due to a close business relationship I have with the manager. (Plus my daughter works there :D ) It is missing the photo-etch, some chrome (mainly wheels), and tires. Although, some goober that bought it and then returned it, hence the clearance, swapped in Revell snap tires. There's the skinny, now the dilemma.

1) I have a ROG Canadian Hauler that has the chrome 10 hole and the painted 2 hole Budds. List a wanted for the 6 required tires and get to building?

2)Place the boxes and pump on a different frame/cab for a totally different look?

3) Use the boxes only with a section of spare tank I have and make a service truck?

4) Or trade it off to someone that would be interested in tackling such a project?

Just curious on what you all might think.

Cheers.

I tell you what, Man....It's amazing how these guys ruin a great kit like this by stealing parts....Those people at Hobby Lobby have no real idea about how models are set up and, probably didn't want to deal with it, anyway; and just took it back....But, in my opinion, you could grab anybody's tires and rims for this thing....I think Moebius rims and tires would be the best, but the Revell ones will work, too....But without the photoetched stuff, I don't know....Trading it off sounds like a good idea, too....I might be interested in it, myself.....Depends on what you want for it, I guess..... :rolleyes:I know I have lots of stuff....

Larry, I have used the box body from the Trumpeter ALF on a Revell Snap Peterbilt chassis with a custom made pump panel and it looks pretty good paired that way as a commercial pumper, so that is one option that you could go with what remains of your kit. If you want to build yours up as close to box-stock as possible, I might have the parts that you need. I parted out a kit for a friend that needed the body and pump panel a couple of years ago with plans to turn the remains into a heavy rescue...so I might still have the PE and tires. Heck, I just picked up a casting kit from HL myself today and will probably dabble in making copies of the wheels and tires from that kit for some other projects I have in mind. Send me a pm with all of the parts that you are missing and I'll check my stash when I get back to my place.