Model Cars Magazine Forum

new to modelng

Began a few months ago after watching my boyfriend build, got hooked,Have done a 69 camaro,and 53 corvette ,with custom seats one with leopard the other zebra.since i love painting.Am now working on a Daytona spyder looking forward to the out come.wanting to try some dioramas . happy building :)post-13421-0-33872100-1392427645_thumb.j

Welcome to the board, Deb. Nice work on the Corvette. If you are into nail polish on your fingers and toes you can learn to thin the polish and airbrush it on your models. I like to look at the amazing colors and textures that nail polish comes in these days and think they might just be the ticket for a cool custom paint job. I am into making parts out of resin so I don't really build, but do like the models posted here.

WELCOME to the forum Deb, very NICE vette, I assume you are talking about the island of St Kitts, we have a real close friend actually she's more like a daughter but anyway she graduated last year from the Veterinary school there and just passed the medial board last month so she is officially a Doctor now and doing an intern in Iowa talking about a drastic change in climate!! anyway glad to have ya keep those builds coming!! PS: Cool seats! :)

Thank you so much for welcomes, and ideas ,definitely would like to try the airbrush with nail polish there are a lot of excellent colors out there !!! :)

I have airbrushed some nail polish before. I purchased small bottles of thinner from Sally Beauty. Four ounces for about three bucks with a card. There are such stores here in AZ. I am confused by the lack of this particular item on the shelves at the big box stores but there is plenty of remover on hand. I have found that thinner and remover are two different animals. Folks on here that really know this stuff will be more helpful.