Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMX 390 Engine block help.

Austin, check out the AMC forums here. Scroll down a bit and there's a couple shots with the engine out of the car. BTW, I seldom if ever use Google anymore. I use Ixquick (Start Page). IMO, they yield better results and don't track your every move.

Edit: And here's another pic I found using Start Page..............

amc390.jpg

Hope this helps!

Edited by MrObsessive

• 1 year later...

Greetings,

Sold for not so much money on eBay, try searching for copies of a special thick softcover annual done by Petersen's Publishing in period titled simply 'ENGINES'. Within each they break down Detroit's then-hot V8's and such consistent with relating the nuts and bolts of each design, and multiple bare block and cylinder head shots are afforded. Also consider plugging in 'AMC block' into a Google image search and you'll not fail to find multiple shots that can be saved and put in a particular order to help inform your scale efforts. Hope this helps...

Mike K.

You've got some work ahead of you; the Jo-Han block was created for the '66 Marlin kit, and represents a '56-'66 piece. AMC introduced a second-generation V8 during '66 for the American/Rogue, and used it in all their cars from '67-'79. Jo-Han tooled some second-generation engine parts for later kits. The SC/Rambler kit has more of them than any other kit (front cover, water pump, oil pan, cylinder heads, intake, valve covers) but Jo-Han never did the later engine block.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...